Tire size and recommendation

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Picked up a new (2012) Boss, already have parts on their way. Let the games begin... Getting ready to hit go on a set of BBS 18X10 302R rims. What are everybody's thoughts on tire size? Should I go matched front and rear being that the rims are the same front and rear, or staggered? What is the largest tire I can run in the front? As much as I hope to make it to the track, I know I won't see a whole lot of track time but will drive the piss out of the car once I get through break in.

TIA,

Jason

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Thanks 5 DOT 0, I was looking for something a little different from the everyday wheel. No offense, they're good looking, just not different enough. I sent True Forged an email but haven't heard back, I'm also looking at other options like HRE. I'd really like to do a white wheel but those seem to be impossible to find...

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Thanks 5 DOT 0, I was looking for something a little different from the everyday wheel. No offense, they're good looking, just not different enough. I sent True Forged an email but haven't heard back, I'm also looking at other options like HRE. I'd really like to do a white wheel but those seem to be impossible to find...
TF will do a white center. Good luck.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i am amazed at how many people buy these cars and start modifying them before they even know what they have in stock form. how can you know that its better if you dont know well where you started? slow down.

tires size for the bbs is 275/35-18. that is the size used on the boss r grand am series car and basically the same size as used on the world challenge gts class car. it allows for proper rotation and more consistant handling.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
It's a set of rims, it's not like I'm ripping out the suspension. I'm doing it more for looks but don't want to add a big heavy rim either. This is my 13th Mustang, I've been doing this for a little while now.

Jason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread