tire size help

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
Hey all,

So i fried my stock size (245/45/17) nitto's and am ready to step it up a notch. What tire size will fill the rear wheel wells and fit on the stock 17x7.5'' wheel? I'm looking for something like an et street radial or something of that sort.

Thanks

buddha93

Established Member
Bunch of us have run the BFG DR 275 tire, though it's not recommended for the stock wheel. You get a bit of buldge over the rim, but nothing drastic. Your tire shop will warn you I'm sure, but it will fit. I've heard the Nitto's run a bit narrower in their 275 series, but I can't say as I've never run them. FYI, I did have a bit of rubbing on the fender lip, so you may have to roll them a bit to make sure they clear.

kbillan

Established Member
I too was thinking of bumping up my rears.. but i dont know now..

I was also thinking of doing the replicas in the rear-- but for some reason, they just dont look right to me. I have veiwed all of the pics... GT Axles, no GT axles.. GT rotor, No Gt rotor.. something just doesnt rub me right with those wheels..

I think i may bump the rears to 265.. its a decision.. or maybe just stock.. I dont know...

love this look!
1993 Cobra Registry :: View topic - New here #2447

93cobratony

Hey bud. I just had my wheels widened by Weld Craft. Went from 7.5 to 9 in. I went with Nitto 555R's in the rear. Looks Bitchin! You will have to trim the e-brake holder bracket so it does not rub. No Biggie.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
Bunch of us have run the BFG DR 275 tire, though it's not recommended for the stock wheel. You get a bit of buldge over the rim, but nothing drastic. Your tire shop will warn you I'm sure, but it will fit. I've heard the Nitto's run a bit narrower in their 275 series, but I can't say as I've never run them. FYI, I did have a bit of rubbing on the fender lip, so you may have to roll them a bit to make sure they clear.

the bfg's look pretty nice.

I was just looking at the mickey thompson site and they say the 275/40/17's are rater for wheels 9-11 inches wide. How big of an issue would that be? haha

buddha93

Established Member
I don't know how well they would fit, but I hear they are sticky as hell. Like the other guy, I had mine widened a few years ago to use these wider tires and it works well.

Users who are viewing this thread