Tire size with 19x10's

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey guys, just wondering if there's any of you running 19x10's in the back. If so what size tires are you running? I see that a few companies make 275/40/19 which matches the sidewall of a 245/45/19...I was just hoping for a little wider option than a 275...Thanks for any input guys.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I believe you can get the same size tires on the GT500, and a tune should be able to program a compensation for the speedometer if there is a mph difference between stock and the GT500 sizes.

Slurved

Established Member
The new tire sizes are a pain. I wish I could just throw some 315/35/17's on and be done with it.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ exactly what i was thinking...

looks like if i go 255/40/19 front and 295/35/19 rear those will match total diameters perfectly..and thse sizes actually exist lol. just not sure if 19's look too big to me or not...

Last edited:

Slurved

Established Member
I think thats the correct size for these cars. All the 18'' packages make the wheels look too small

What wheels are you looking at?

lsp408

Established Member
since you going stagger fit, the tire diameter don't really matter now.

Your 255/40/19 = 27.03 inches
295/35/19 = 27.13 inches
You can actually go a little taller on the rear if you want.

I am using set of wheels and tires from GT500 SVTPP

Front 265/40/19 = 27.35 inches
Rear 285/35/20 = 27.85 inches

The car drives fine.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I think thats the correct size for these cars. All the 18'' packages make the wheels look too small

What wheels are you looking at?
Yeah I agree, I’m just looking at a base GT so the stock 18’s will be one of the first things out…I know 27" total diameter is the area to shoot for...I'm more than likely going with the 19x8.5/19x10 GT500 replicas...

since you going stagger fit, the tire diameter don't really matter now.

Your 255/40/19 = 27.03 inches
295/35/19 = 27.13 inches
You can actually go a little taller on the rear if you want.

I am using set of wheels and tires from GT500 SVTPP

Front 265/40/19 = 27.35 inches
Rear 285/35/20 = 27.85 inches

The car drives fine.
Well the tire diameter still matters, I mean I’d like to keep it as close to stock as possible. Yeah I did the calculations and the sizes I suggested were based off of not only matching front and back diameters, but also tires that were actually available…

Thanks for all the input guys

Slurved

Established Member
I have a base GT and the stock 235 tires are absolutely worthless. I dont know what Ford was thinking putting these on a 412hp car. They are definitely my biggest complaint...

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Dude no kidding!! I mean I am getting the base model simply becasue I'd get different wheels anyway, but for those that don't plan to or can't afford it right away it sure is a downfall...

Slurved

Established Member
I was originally looking at Termis but with way better financing and the new 5.0 I spent more than I wanted to and got the new GT. The base was the absolute most I could afford.

I know if I wanted better wheels I could have got a premium but that just wasnt an option. Unfortunately i think I'm stuck with them for quite a while. I might end up getting some 18'' FR500's just because the car is downright dangerous on these little things.

Also enjoy the ridiculous cupholder that tilts open when you rest your arm on the console. My elbow constantly pops the compartment open too...

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Man, sounds like we’re about twins in this situation! I’ve always been a cobra guy, and was in the market for another 03/04. With how picky I am on other people’s mods and what kind of condition they keep the car in I’m strongly leaning towards a 5.0. If everything goes right I might be picking one out tonight :)

And yeah I mean the premium would be nice. I would only want it for the leather interior though. The wheels I would probably change anyway since I’d wants wider in the rear, and the stereo isn’t a big deal at all since I always have the windows down and listening to the sounds of the car…

Can’t wait for the cupholder thing. I didn’t pop it open at all on the test drive, but they’ll be many more opportunities now lol

Users who are viewing this thread