Tire spinning woes

dibbz68

Established Member
As we all know, the GT500 has insane wheel spin, I have an idea, please chime in and give me your thoughts on this!
with stock tires or street slicks like the ET streets im running, the car simply does not hook up, how about changing the rearend angle by a degree or two, so it will want to lift the car under acceleraton...thoughts

D

Leonard 95

Established Member
What is your combo? How much power are you making? On mine the goodyears where junk, went with the 305/35/18 mt et street radials and they seem fine. I imagine if you have 650rwhp plus your not gonna get much of anything to hook on the street.

dibbz68

Established Member
I'm running M/T 305/35/18 with 18 psi tire pressure forget the spin

I too am running th MT ET streets, 305's they work fine i just cannot get them to hook under hard acceleration at the track (run with 12lbs), street is fine though
i am only running the stage 2 evolution kit 500hp at the wheels

2kmelat

Established Member
I too am running th MT ET streets, 305's they work fine i just cannot get them to hook under hard acceleration at the track (run with 12lbs), street is fine though
i am only running the stage 2 evolution kit 500hp at the wheels

try the 305/45/18 they will hook better. or buy the bogarts and get some 15in under it.

mustarrosa

Established Member
As we all know, the GT500 has insane wheel spin, I have an idea, please chime in and give me your thoughts on this!
with stock tires or street slicks like the ET streets im running, the car simply does not hook up, how about changing the rearend angle by a degree or two, so it will want to lift the car under acceleraton...thoughts

D

Yes..'When you put on stronger lower control arms be sure to get the relocation brackets also. The angle will tend to lift the car and transfer weight to the rear wheels for better traction

svt1111

Established Member
I have 28x11.50x16 ET Streets and they seem to hold pretty good. Only suspension mods are QA1 single adjustable rear shocks. I also have the EVO stage II like yourself.

damon94

Established Member
I have stock tires and wheels, and they need to be replaced. what size tire should i buy for my stock wheels. M/T 305/35/18? also if you have any tricks or websites to buy them cheap please let me know. I usually just go to tirerac. any help is appreciated

Leonard 95

Established Member
I have stock tires and wheels, and they need to be replaced. what size tire should i buy for my stock wheels. M/T 305/35/18? also if you have any tricks or websites to buy them cheap please let me know. I usually just go to tirerac. any help is appreciated

305/35/18 is just slighty shorter than stock tires, about the cheapest I found them was at Jegs or Summitt.

tommygun

Established Member
P9250211.jpg

P9250212.jpg

these 2 items are pretty much a "must" when the power goes up :)

Users who are viewing this thread