tires for 600hp+

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
What are you guys that make big number 600+ using for rear tires. Im running MT's now but would like to go back to a street tire due to tire wear.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
There are a crazy amount of threads on this..... I'll save you some time though. Toyo R888's are what youre looking for.

Anabolic

Banned
my 600hp cobra smoked r888s 1-3rd from rolling start... @ what 25psi i think they were set at for street use? pathetic tires... MT ET street slicks wear fast but by far the best traction..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
my 600hp cobra smoked r888s 1-3rd from rolling start... @ what 25psi i think they were set at for street use? pathetic tires... MT ET street slicks wear fast but by far the best traction..

That's weird. My buddies 2.9L Cobra makng 630rwhp dead hooks from 2nd and spins a little in 1st..

Marc

Established Member
^^^ Exactly. My 686 HP cobra was great with these tires, the best I ever had.

Anabolic is the first person I hear to give these tires a negative rating. Matter of fact, there is a 14 page thread here on this site praising these tires. Do a search...

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
I dig the NT01s. Driven in the rain with them. Just have to avoid the big puddles and you'll be fine. They hook pretty well on my 650hp cobra. 1st is almost useless and 2nd will spin a little. After that depending on road conditions... You're golden like a shower. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread