Tires, tires, tires

FredK03Cobra

Established Member
My preference is for Continental's Extreme Contact Sports. I have them on my 03, and have used them on other cars as well, and really like them. No noise, good in the wet, and they wear well.
If you require something that might see a little snow, the Conti DWS would be a better choice.

Lasanga

Mark it 8, Dude
Established Member
Mickey Thompson Street Comps. I have them on both my 04 and 97 Cobras. Been on Power Tour, down to Mustang Week and have driven in a lot of wet and dry and I swear by them. Have not had them in snow...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

shurur

Established Member
All these tires are great and hold the road, but they are soft rubber and you will probably eat them up in a summer.
Keep that in mind.

If your main goal is to get miles out of the tires, you need to look at the UTQG or Tread Wear of the tire.

FredK03Cobra

Established Member
All these tires are great and hold the road, but they are soft rubber and you will probably eat them up in a summer.
Keep that in mind.
If your main goal is to get miles out of the tires, you need to look at the UTQG or Tread Wear of the tire.

That is not entirely true. The Contis that I recommended are rated at 340 and last for a daily driven car. I cannot speak about others, because I have not used those products.

Albatross

Established Member
I have the Continental extreme contacts on my 03 cobra and they spin like crazy. It's scary sometimes. Not sure if your goal is tires that will last or tires that will hook? Unfortunately, you really can't have both.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I ran the 555 G2's in the rear for a bit. Decent tire, but didn't hook very well even with my upper only eaton. Went back to drag radials as it's not a daily. Recently switched out the front 10yo old school 555's for new G2's and they feel pretty good so far. I've put about 1000 miles on them so far.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I run 555G2 on mine they hook pretty decent if it’s below 60 degrees they spin some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
A couple years ago I put the Firestone Indy500's on both of my cars and I have really liked them. Both daily drivers

Users who are viewing this thread