Tires....?

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
Are Kumho's reasonably good tires? I'm looking for good wear/tear and life of the tire. Don't like to do burnouts with street tires and go crazy with drag racing on them either, aside from the occasional joy ridding, but that's about it. So for those out there having more experience with different kinds of tires...which one lasts better and still handles good? Also I'd like to know which street tire is good as far as hooking up. I will be putting nitrous on the car pretty soon so might as well think ahead and buy some good tires.

Presently I have BFGoodrich GForce KDW 295-35-18. Don't mind how they handle, I like it. But it's the 1st pair since I've bought the car.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I've run the Kuhmo Ecsta MX. Handle great but won't last. IMO most of their other stuff will last but suck everywhere else.

Best all around tire out there IMO
Nitto 555Extreems.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
anyone know why they dont make a 3xx series tire? I kind of want to stop running the nitto dr but i think drag radials in the 3xx size fill out a 10.5 inch rim..any ideas?...

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I love my Toyo Proxy T1-Rs
They grip nicely when warm, do well in the rain, not much road noise...
prt1r.png

Best price I found on them was from Treadepot.com
http://www.treadepot.com

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
interesting note: on the treadepot site, i saw they have the KDW2 in 315/30/18 (says KDW2 not DR)

cobraracer46

Banned
The GoodYear GSD3 is the best street performance tire available as proven by numerous tests and awards that it has won. I have the GSD3's on my car and I am very happy with them.

krazee

Established Member
I have the goodyear F1, with the "V" tread and couldn't be happier, stick to the road like a pickle to the window of a fast food restaurant. In the rain...well if I have ever got caught in it, there is no slippage at all.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
cobraracer46 said:
The GoodYear GSD3 is the best street performance tire available as proven by numerous tests and awards that it has won. I have the GSD3's on my car and I am very happy with them.
Test on closed courses pushing tires to points most drivers won't and done by magazines that Goodyear takes out huge adds in.

JMO

Do some open tracking and you will find tires strong and weak points.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
REX-RACER said:
I have 'em, I like 'em! Didn't know there was a 315 now, I've been running 295s on my 18 x 9.5" 00Rs.

I dont think there actually any in stock. BFG had them on their website for a month or so back in the winter and took them off and they said they canceled production. I might call them and see though.

Users who are viewing this thread