Tires

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
So I gotta put tires on the back of my car. It doesn't look like I'm going to get what I want for my car so it looks like I'll be keeping it, which is good news i guess. I don't want to go with dr's because they only lasted a little and I ended up putting like 12 passes on my car over the summer and they were slicks by the end of July. I'm going to save up for some drag wheels for the back for next year so I want to go with a street tire thats got some grip and good dry wheather performance, but also has a decent treadwear. What do you guys think i should go with?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
So I gotta put tires on the back of my car. It doesn't look like I'm going to get what I want for my car so it looks like I'll be keeping it, which is good news i guess. I don't want to go with dr's because they only lasted a little and I ended up putting like 12 passes on my car over the summer and they were slicks by the end of July. I'm going to save up for some drag wheels for the back for next year so I want to go with a street tire thats got some grip and good dry wheather performance, but also has a decent treadwear. What do you guys think i should go with?

I love my BFG T/A KDW2s. They're pricey, but ive got almost 10K on this set on the rear with between 6 and 7/32s left. my fronts have about 4/32nds left and i have almost 17,000 on them.

Also the Eagle GSD3 is a great rain tire. Kumho Ecsta MXs, and Toyo T1Rs are on my top list.

Hope all goes well with the Cobra. If you get the opportunity would you still sell it?

Last edited:

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
At the right price I would sell. Theres way too much in question with the economy and everything else right now for me to be sure I want to sell mine at the price I was offered. Some gave me a really good offer, but I just am not 100% sure yet and I don't want to jump into anything. Plus the thing is close to getting paid off.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Yeah, i know how ya feel. I wanted to sell my 01 back over the summer and get a Terminator this spring. Im pissed i didnt since all cobras prices have dropped a lot, but would also come back to hurt me as well selling the 01.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yokohama S-drive. They were made to replace the AVS ES100's I had on my car, which were awesome all around tires with great grip in any weather.

SCARY 4.6

Built. Not bought.
Established Member
I run the BFG KDW 2's as well...I ran some M/T drag radials on the rear for about 6-7K miles before they were worn completely out. The KDW 2's have decent grip and the tread design looks great. Brand new the tread depth is close to half an inch and they are supposed to last quite a while under normal driving...but if you drive your mustang normally you are doing something wrong heheh

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
I run the BFG KDW 2's as well...I ran some M/T drag radials on the rear for about 6-7K miles before they were worn completely out. The KDW 2's have decent grip and the tread design looks great. Brand new the tread depth is close to half an inch and they are supposed to last quite a while under normal driving...but if you drive your mustang normally you are doing something wrong heheh

Yeah thats pretty much why I'm in the situation I'm in. I wanted to try the Drag radial thing out to see how it was. I've decided for these cars to get any type of traction on the street, a dr is the way to go, but I can't be replacing tires every summer. And also, I love those nitto dr's when they were new. You could feel the car just turn the tire like maybe 3/4 of a rotation and it would roll out, but once they got worn down they didn't get traction anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread