TKO solid swap issues?

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
A friend and I want to do a swap. He has a TKO (dunno if it's a 500 or 600) and I have my stock T45. Anyone know if there will be driveshaft issues? I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer...:shrug:

EDIT: It's a TKO600

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Does he have the same car as you? Did he have to swap driveshafts when he swapped transmissions? If yes, then you'll have a prob, if no, you should be fine.

st4ng07

Established Member
When I did my Tko 500 swap, they provided us with spacers for the driveshaft and it worked just fine. You will have to modify the mounts for the trans, other then that easy swap and works great. One thing though, the tko's do not like to shift at high rpm I usually shift at 6200 rpm and it goes in fine but at redline will give you some trouble.

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
When I did my Tko 500 swap, they provided us with spacers for the driveshaft and it worked just fine. You will have to modify the mounts for the trans, other then that easy swap and works great. One thing though, the tko's do not like to shift at high rpm I usually shift at 6200 rpm and it goes in fine but at redline will give you some trouble.

Interesting......exactly what mounts need to be modified and how?

He has a 96 GT and we're putting in a nekkid 02 GT SRA in my car and using the brakes, quads, CAs and everything else from his.

st4ng07

Established Member
Well right where the cross member bolts up, I had to drill 4 new holes really simple. And I had problems with the trans tunnel touching the trans so I just took a long 1/2 extension and beat it up a little with a hammer wasnt to hard. If you run into any probs pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread