To all Officers of the law - Thank you

Black2010

Established Member
With all the police hate being shed currently in the media it got me to thinking. Every time I see a military person I take the time to thank them for their service and have been known on occasion to cover their meal if they were in line next to me but I've never done the same for my local police officers. I think it's time to change that and this post is the start of that change in my mindset. I think it's time that you all get the same type of respect so I offer my fullest gratitude to what you do. Thank you for doing your best to protect myself, my family and my community.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Thank you for the thanks. It is certainly a love it or hate it job. I have been an LEO for almost 17 years, and I do not have a single regret about my career choice.

mustanginky

Established Member
Been doing what i do (corrections/probation and parole) for almost 10 years. I can tell you ive had more people come up and thank me for what i do than say bad things. Usually the ones who domt like us wont come up and say anything anyways.

Ive had guys ive sent to prison tell me thanks that i sent them, that it was what they needed to change their life.

Thanks for the support.

cbj5259

Established Member
Thank you for your thoughts. This past year has been a difficult time for everyone. It's nice to know that there are still people out there who have our backs. At the end of the day all safe communities really have a strong partnership between the community and their police officers. This should be something that every community strives for.

mustanginky

Established Member
Some communities are corrupt morally, and do not accept societal norms. That is nothing new and nothing will change that. Thats our purpose anyways. To keep the bad from the good. Yes this has been a rough year. Eventually society will be tired of the bullies, drug dealers, and other low lifes, and things will turn around. The leadership and media these days have attempted to apply undue pressure and racial undertones to events which could have had no other outcome. This has likely resulted in the death of some leos. Heads on a swivel brothers and sisters.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thank you very much Police Officers for all your work. This includes all Law Enforcement Officials, judges, admins, etc.

If it were not for your devotion, kindness, love, and high moral care for your fellow man, our country would be utter chaos and bloodshed.

We are safe because you care.

(excellent post OP)

98stangerSVT

Established Member
Thanks! Its nice to be appreciated. Im in the St. Louis area so as you could imagine its been a crazy year.

BLKFOX

Established Member
+1, I've got several buddies that are officers. I've got alot of respect for any LEO, the services are much appreciated!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Thanks to each of you that appreciate us. As hard as it is to admit, there are a few bad officers in this profession, and as of late, those few have made the whole bushel seem rotten. Please know that the vast majority of officers are still honest with their jobs and take great pride and respect in what they do on a daily basis.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I haven't commented on here in a while just wanted to say Thank You! I've been in law enforcement for over 26 years recently retiring from the Texas Department of Public Safety. I now work for a Sheriffs Office as I stay committed to something I strongly believe in.
I've seen the attitudes towards law enforcement change a lot within the last few years and it's not going to get any better. There is a lot of what I call domestic terrorism going on and folks that just don't give a damn about human life.
Fellow officers be safe out there!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I have several family members and friends that work as LEO's and I want to wish all members of law enforcement on here a safe and Happy Labor Day. These fringe elements (i.e. BLM, Hands Up Don't Shoot, etc) DO NOT represent real Americans. The silent majority, folks who work hard and provide for their families, salute you and thank you for keeping us safe. God bless.

Users who are viewing this thread