To all who may know...

thesvt

I am new to the detailing and waxing job. I have had other cars before but none worth a shit. But I finally bought my first lightning and I bought it used and it has a couple surface scraches and stuff like that. I dont think that it has ever been to a detail shop and I would rather do the work myself. I saw a thread a while back about someone using some sort of clay or something and was wondering if that would be something I need or not. But I would like to know what is the bet way to go about getting all the minor scuffs and scraches out and the best way to do so and what are best products to use. Thanks :beer:

thesvt

So as far as the caly is concerned you just spay your lubricant and the the clay and then wash that area, and do this to the whole truck?

spree

Established Member
No, you wash and dry the truck, then you spray the lubricant over a small area and run the clay over it, and continue till the whole truck is done...then you wash your truck and dry it again. Do it in a cool, shaded area so you don't get water spots.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Make sure when you decide to clay the car, you fold and mold the clay into different shapes as to hide the imperfections you picked up. I usually re-mold the clay numerous times during my "claying".

Users who are viewing this thread