to blow or not to blow

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
thinking of a vortech sq2 with air/water intercooler.. they claim 170 horse with the kit and stock motor.. so 400 at the wheels shouldnt be that hard? building my cobra carfully as not to do anything perment.. but want it to go like hell :burnout:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
any particular reason why you want a Vortech? Have you looked at the Procharger kits.

Air to air intercooler would be a lot less hassle to deal with compared to air to water cooler.

dannyboy76

Established Member
this isnt the first mustang ive had.. ive also set up a 900horse chevy small block with a procharger. very power full but a lot of issues.. vortech and 5.0 are old school very refined and alll the bugs worked out.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
just trying to help you out. I personally don't like the Vortechand their aftercooler kit combos. To much hassle to constantly keep ice water in.

dannyboy76

Established Member
ya the whole ice water thing is kind of a pain but just using water/and some type of additive does good on the street who has had luck running turbo set ups? hell who here has fored intuction on there cobras what type and power output?

9T3SVT

Established Member
You will only need ice if you are racing, other than that the kit is self contained and does not require constant filling.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
9T3SVT said:
You will only need ice if you are racing, other than that the kit is self contained and does not require constant filling.

yeah but is there anything to keep the water cool. I mean, wouldn't it get hot with the resorvoir in the engine compartment?

My induction setup. Procharger D-1 and 3 core intercooler (14 psi). Currently making 515/532 at the wheels. Hopefully will do better in a few weeks :thumbsup:

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
a guy asking that question ??????? thats just not right

lol, Im suprised no one said that yet !! or my mind is in the gutter

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
The kit comes w/ a cooler much like a oil cooler. Meth injection is getting the way to go. My Vortech has been performing flawlessly and may see the injection kit but as of now, I'm knocking on 500rwhp on my stock bottom end, tick....tick....tick.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread