To buy New or Used??

500 Blue

Established Member
As the topic reads, if you had to do it over again and buy your GT 500 again would you buy it new or pick up a used one for $5k or so less. There are used GT 500 running around for around for good deals, I see picking up one for around $38k.

I also have the opportunity to buy an 09 GT 500 for invoice price. Someone on this forum told me that any build after Aug. 26th 2008 I could avoid the TSBs that everyone dreads.

So again I ask, if you had to choose which would you do, any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!

NewFrance6

Established Member
To me it depends. If you plan to mod the hell out of it then get a lightly used one and save some money. If it's going to be a garage queen (still a concept i don't get) then get a new one for the peace of mind.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
For me, I would say buying new GT500. I would have the satisfaction that I was the only owner (sorta of like a virgin car...lol). When buying a car, nothing beats the thrill of purchasing new. But I wouldn't mind buying a used one if it I knew it was a "garage queen" and was well kept by owner.

skyhighsd

Established Member
With the way car prices are dropping I would have to say used! There are some deals to be had and if you can find that right person who has to get rid of there car there is even a better deal to be had. If you are looking to really drive and mod the car you could save a ton with a used one in the high/mid 30's. There are a ton of garage queens out there that are not even modded let alone some good deals on modded cars. As for the TSB on the trans I really dont see that as a huge deal if it shows its face take it to the dealer and get it fixed. As for your question on doing it over I think the above tells you what I would do if I had to do it over:beer:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
With the way car prices are dropping I would have to say used! There are some deals to be had and if you can find that right person who has to get rid of there car there is even a better deal to be had. If you are looking to really drive and mod the car you could save a ton with a used one in the high/mid 30's. There are a ton of garage queens out there that are not even modded let alone some good deals on modded cars. As for the TSB on the trans I really dont see that as a huge deal if it shows its face take it to the dealer and get it fixed. As for your question on doing it over I think the above tells you what I would do if I had to do it over:beer:
Agreed. Especially if it is a car with less that a couple thousand miles. Research the car, have it checked out by Ford, and buy it.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
The prices are falling pretty good right now. I'd wait till right after Xmas and get a new one. You'll be right at $40k. I've been offered $42500 for a new one already. Be patient.

MD03SVT

Established Member
My 1st GT500 was brand spanking new from the dealer in august 2006 I sold it in nov 07 with only 2000 miles & 125 1/4 passes on it not even broken in.My 2nd GT500 was purchased used un-modded with 6700 miles on it I saved over 10K and got exactly the car I wanted.with todays market I would by Used over new.

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Like anything else it all depends on the deal. Less than 5000 miles, few mods, and your assurance that it was treated well at under $38K and it's a pretty good deal. But I'd rather have a new one with full warranty, new car financing, and my butt print in the driver's seat as I plan to keep it for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread