To Cobra R Hood or NOT to Cobra R Hood..That is the question!

Stock hood or Cobra R Hood?

• Keep Stock Hood

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Change to Cobra R hood.

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RC-5.0

Established Member
So what do you think guys (Taking the money factor or "bang for the buck" out of the equation), trying to decide whether or not to do this as my last cosmetic mod before the TVS goes in in 2 months. My last car had a body kit, and it was a big PITA, so I just opted on the Roush front bumper, the Saleen front grille, and a few other changes.

Here's the car now:

RoushBumper03_zpsf88ec121.jpg

So, should I or no?

Thanks
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
Personally I wouldn't. Everyone has their own taste tho man. Do you like it?

I like it, but two things:

is it different "enough" to warrant the install and
if I do get, what in the world would I do with that stock hood? :shrug:

Not sure if it matters or not for having more space under the hood with the TVS going in
RC

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
i say go for it! its def different enough to warrant the purchase. not overly aggressive look, but way more than stock. throw the stock hood in the garage until someone needs it $$$ or you want to put it back on for some reason.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
I just bought one for my ingot 2011 I purchased it from cervini painted but they had 5% discount I love the look of the hood on these cars but I also was debating getting the trig inner hood with the functional hood scope n vents. Makes the car looks so aggressive

RC-5.0

Established Member
I just bought one for my ingot 2011 I purchased it from cervini painted but they had 5% discount I love the look of the hood on these cars but I also was debating getting the trig inner hood with the functional hood scope n vents. Makes the car looks so aggressive

Got some pics? What did they charge painted? I got a quote of $250 to paint a new one.
RC

CW1343

Established Member
If you like it, I'd say go for it. IMO it looks pretty good. There's a guy on here (not sure his username) with a '13 and the Cobra R hood in white and it looks killer. As for the old hood, throw it up on a wall in the garage. It'll make for a nice decorative piece lol.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
It cost to paint 348 I wanted to do this just to be safe if I see any imperfections I could send the entire hood back figured if I didn't see anything until after I got it paint well I just paid to get the hood painted n now I need to send it back. I won't have any pics soon,4-6 week to wait n I will be installing it spring time too cold now n don't drive the car now in NY

RC-5.0

Established Member
It cost to paint 348 I wanted to do this just to be safe if I see any imperfections I could send the entire hood back figured if I didn't see anything until after I got it paint well I just paid to get the hood painted n now I need to send it back. I won't have any pics soon,4-6 week to wait n I will be installing it spring time too cold now n don't drive the car now in NY

Ok, you just ordered it?

I have a friend from church with a paint and body shop..he charged me $200 to paint AND install my entire Roush Front bumper and did a killer job. I can save on the shipping if I have it sent to his shop, and he will for sure inspect it for any issues, OR if they are really minor I will just have the do it..I will also most likely pay them a few extra bucks if they do a really good show-quality clear coat job on the hood.

Thanks
RC

chao5.0

Established Member
if you want it get it, personally I'd go with their heat extractor hood if its functional.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Is the new 3" cowl like Nordy has out of the equation? I like that one.

At least for my taste, the Cowl is a bit too much, but I can see how people like it, especially if your main thing is racing. I like the R because it seems to "fit in place" on the car while giving it a meaner stance.
RC

apex000

Established Member
I bit the bullet and went for a Cobra R hood for my car after the deer accident -_- . everyone is telling me i will love it , i just hope it's not to aggressive , because if it is you are going to see a Kona Blue Cobra R hood up for sale . i was originally going for a Boss 302 S hood by Tiger Racing , but i didn't want to wait 6 weeks for a hood to be made and shipped .

i'll post up pictures or maybe a new thread on what i think about the hood when i get the car back from the body shop Tuesday or Wednesday .

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
I bit the bullet and went for a Cobra R hood for my car after the deer accident -_- . everyone is telling me i will love it , i just hope it's not to aggressive , because if it is you are going to see a Kona Blue Cobra R hood up for sale . i was originally going for a Boss 302 S hood by Tiger Racing , but i didn't want to wait 6 weeks for a hood to be made and shipped .

i'll post up pictures or maybe a new thread on what i think about the hood when i get the car back from the body shop Tuesday or Wednesday .

Yeah, I would appreciate that..even if you start a new thread could you at least put the link in here so I can see it?

Thanks
RC

apex000

Established Member
Yeah, I would appreciate that..even if you start a new thread could you at least put the link in here so I can see it?

Thanks
RC

will do ! in the mean time , here are a couple of good pictures of the Cobra R hood on a members 5.0 over on Mustang Source . currently , it's a love / hate situation right now . so i'm reserving judgement until i get my car back ...

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

apex000

Established Member
Last edited:

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
will do ! in the mean time , here are a couple of good pictures of the Cobra R hood on a members 5.0 over on Mustang Source . currently , it's a love / hate situation right now . so i'm reserving judgement until i get my car back ...

These particular pics show the car with the H.O. Fibertrends 3" cowl hood (basically the same as the Cobra Jet hoods).

The pics with the red/white/blue borders show the car with the Cobra R hood.
It's a very nice hood. Good quality, fit and finish.

ExTurbo

Established Member
sublime302 has one on his white car and it really sets the car apart from the crowd. i like it, after looking at his car, other cars just seem so plain in comparison lol. im working on going fast first but if i had the funds id do it in a heart beat. looks great especially on a light colored car. i dont think black shows the lines off as much (no offense)

Users who are viewing this thread