To Corn or not to Corn

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I have a 3.4 Whipple with ID1000's on E85, it made 793hp.

I would defiantly switch to E85, it runs cooler, oxygenated, and less risk of detonation like pump gas. Also stick with the stock caged lower.

MG0h3

Established Member
I dunno, I self tune on the street. I make enough power to maxout ID1000's and to blow 3rd gear out of my t56 on the street with drag radials is all I know. Its just a TVS with 2.9" upper 4lb caged lower.

Depending upon the boost level this guy decides to take it to he'll be very close if not maxing out ID1000's but thats just based off my experience and others. I believe I even read that Bdubbs is in the low 90's injector duty cycle with ID1000's, e85 and a TVS.

I'd think its too much of a gamble especially with a Whipple that requires removal of the blower, plus extra tuner time just to find out that the injectors weren't enough.

Ya I hear ya on having to do it twice. Probably woulda gone bigger too but I bought the car with these. Ill dig through my logs and see what my idc is. Kevin has my base at 50 which Im guessing is a way to lower that.

cj428mach

Established Member
How fast does the car run in the 1/4? Just curious, as breaking shit doesn't mean the cars fast. And Fwiw I know of plenty of cars making over 700 on ID1000s, depends on the car.

I don't know what it runs I've never run it. You're right breaking stuff doesn't mean its fast but it is putting out some serious torque to knock all the teeth off 3rd gear just hammering just crusing.

You guys can keep recommending he buy stuff that might not cut it or he can buy something that he knows is going to be sufficient. My injector duty cycle is in the low to mid 80's now

cj428mach

Established Member
Ya I hear ya on having to do it twice. Probably woulda gone bigger too but I bought the car with these. Ill dig through my logs and see what my idc is. Kevin has my base at 50 which Im guessing is a way to lower that.

I was running 50PSI then and still am now. If you go to ID's website and input all the data into their injector size calculator at a stock base pressure you'll see that 1000's are very near maxed out Mid to upper 90's if I remember right for a 22psi E85 car. Increasing the pressure to 50psi is suppose to get you into the 80's but obviously didn't work for me.

MG0h3

Established Member
^^T4

Happy where Im at. Cant hold second with good DRs anymore and I dont want to run 15s.

Honestly next step for me is a turbo. Ive considered a crusher but I really dont think I will.

And I fully agree. I HATE doing stuff twice. Especially if it costs me money.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Having had two cars in the mid 700's on ID1000's (the base of this is the 105) there is NO need for 1300's.

My number one complaint on this site is people telling people to buy stuff "so they don't buy twice". If I go to the grocery store and only want a half gallon of milk because I only plan to eat a few bowls of fruit loops I don't need 50 people telling me go ahead and get the gallon just in case you decide to have a few more. If I know how much I'm using why the hell would I waste the money?

If you max out ID 1000's at 700rwhp you are running too low a base pressure or have other issues (see rails/lines).

If he wants to go beyond what 105/ID 1000's will make he needs to do a shit ton more than just new injectors. Might as well "not do it twice" and tear it down, buy a teksid, billet rods, billet crank, custom pistons, arp throughout, billet timing gear, cloyes adjustables, accufab secondary chain, secondary tensioner, new iron primary tensioners, billet main caps, melling oil pump, ported heads, custom cams, springs, retainers, modified cooling for intercooler, bigger blower, fab 9 inch with 40 splines and a spool, tube front, holley dominator, built th400, inboard mounted coilovers, full team z suspension...

You know so he doesn't have to do it twice.

Or he could just decide where he wants to be and build accordingly.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I don't know what it runs I've never run it. You're right breaking stuff doesn't mean its fast but it is putting out some serious torque to knock all the teeth off 3rd gear just hammering just crusing.

Quit taking your car out and beating on it in 19 degree weather lol. I doubt it would busted 3rd in 60 degree weather.

cj428mach

Established Member
Im not an injector expert but lethal performance says 105s are not the same as id1000s about 10% bigger.

Some additional info that might be helpful in your decision. The 105's are a genuine Bosch injector which have never been modified. They are 20% larger than the ID1000's. The ID1000's are actually a 925cc injector where the 105's we sell are a 1100cc injector.

Hope that helps.

Jared

I doubt my fuel system is the issue as I have 8an feed, Fore rails, and fuel pressure that is rock solid. That doesn't make sense that putting larger injectors in would cure my problem if it was an issue getting fuel to the injector......

I wasn't excited about buying a larger set of injectors that cost a ton of money so I triple checked everything before buying. The problem was the injector wasn't big enough. I would assume since he has a 2.9l he may opt to push more than 20-22psi as well.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I use E85 like I use C16 in my Turbo street bike. I use E85 like race fuel on those limited times I'm gonna go out and get 7-8 mpg smashing it all night. I have an E85 tune as well. going out everyday with E85 as a DD is a waste to me cause u need 30% more fuel to simply drive around

everyday driving it makes far more sense to use Meth with 93 cause my MPG are the same out of boost and I have months worth with my 5 gallon tank and make just about the same power as I do with E85.

but blower guys don't seem to like the meth setup (not sure why cause I have plenty of friends with blowers that use meth) and it seems to be more reserved for Turbo guys but both can use but rarely do.

u almost never see a blower car for sale with methanol injection.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll have to check my logs but my base fuel pressure is 45 psi. I have id1000's and my injector duty cycle is 93-95% I think.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I'm not sure how some people are maxing out the ID1000's and some are making more power and seem to be fine.

I'll have to look up my injector duty cycle, but my tuner never said a word about running out of fuel. It was about 75 degrees outside 28psi and 793 hp. I stopped my tuner their, he said the next pull it would make over 800.

I wonder if its fuel pumps, that would be the only logical answer. I'm running dual Walbro 465

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure how some people are maxing out the ID1000's and some are making more power and seem to be fine.

I'll have to look up my injector duty cycle, but my tuner never said a word about running out of fuel. It was about 75 degrees outside 28psi and 793 hp. I stopped my tuner their, he said the next pull it would make over 800.

I wonder if its fuel pumps, that would be the only logical answer. I'm running dual Walbro 465

I bet so, I'm only running the aem 320e, and so is CJ. So it's a possibility.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm not sure what the reason is, I believe it might be contributed to the weather he's out logging in like huge negative DA....but this is another good reason to consider the 1050X....not only for the fuel type ratings and internal improvements, but they give you another 5% headroom over the 1000 without having to break the bank and choose those 1300s. Damn does that price go up lol

cj428mach

Established Member
I bet so, I'm only running the aem 320e, and so is CJ. So it's a possibility.

As long as fuel pressure is holding at the rail the pumps/lines are up to the task. My FRPS hold right at the 50psi my regulator is set to the whole runs.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as fuel pressure is holding at the rail the pumps/lines are up to the task. My FRPS hold right at the 50psi my regulator is set to the whole runs.
Looks like my injectors at 91% and at peak rpms my fuel pressure drops to 42 psi. Base is 45 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread