To keep or sell

TP03

Established Member
Alot of good opinions in here but to echo what alot of others have said...if it's paid for and you enjoy it, keep it.
You definitely need to find some balance of kid time and cobra time. Believe me you have more time now than you'll have when they get bigger and start sports. I have 3 kids 12, 10 and 6. We are constantly running around between wrestling, basketball, dance, gymnastics, swimming and baseball. My wife and I NEED the car as a mental escape from the rat race of life.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I say keep it.

As others have said; your life isn't over when you have kids. If your kids are your passion and you don't want the Cobra any more then sell it. If you still have passion for the Cobra then use it as a bonding tool for you and your family.

My kids are grown now, but my wife loves going for a ride in the Cobra every now and then. She will even tell me "Hit it babe" when the light turns green or we are on the on ramp.

My thing is people ALWAYS say you can get another one. Maybe that's true, but think how much a good one will cost you later or think about how much work and money you may need to invest in one you paid less for, but will need TLC to get it right.

I traded my 89GT for my Roush and have regretted it ever since. Look at the Fox body cars that were built from 1987 to 1993. Lots of crappy ones and only a few good ones, but those good ones cost. Now imagine the Cobra that was only built for 2 years.

Everything is a gamble. Just decide what you think is the best option for you and your family and roll the dice. That's all anyone can do really......

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
I would keep it. I have a 2 and 5 year old and didn't even put a 1,000 miles on it last year. The only reason I'm thinking of selling it is for a bigger down payment on our next house.

Searchforsignal

Established Member
I'll chime in.

Just found out a few weeks ago that the wife and I are expecting. It's our first and hopefully last. I was in the middle of a road course build on my 2005 GT, going back to stock and selling the rest off and jumping into a 2004 cobra hopefully before the kid gets here. I know I won't have much time to build a car with a newborn so figure buy a fun car to drive once in a wile and just enjoy the ownership of a cobra. If the car is paid for I'd say keep it and use it as a distraction from life.

Just my 2 cents.

Pics of my project.
c8121072a655b1457e7a559b09a6fa4e.jpg
a858d649d82435b220bd30b2bfe874a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread