to resonate or not to resonate...?!

rilestoneSVT

Established Member
I baught my 99 CSVT almost 1 year ago and now I'm starting to add a few mods. I've ordered a KKM intake so far. I am wondering if there are any benefits of having the resonator removed completely or should it be replaced with a high-flow unit? What are the pros and cons of each??? Thanks in advance.

rilestoneSVT

Established Member
You're right, I don't want the rasp, but the budget right now isn't allowing a whole cat back system. I was thinking of things I could do a little at a time. Also, I need to replace the tires and I've looked at the Kuhmo's... Does anyone know anything about them?

CobraVertWV

Gotta have more
Established Member
When I had my '99 Contour SVT I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe. The raspy sound was more noticeable when the exhaust was cold. When the exhaust warmed up (after driving a min. or two) then it was only noticeable under hard acceleration. I also hollowed out two of the cats w/a crowbar. :)

Last edited:

Steeltwo

Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraVertWV
When I had my '99 Contour SVT I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe. The raspy sound was more noticeable when the exhaust was cold. When the exhaust warmed up (after driving a min. or two) then it was only noticeable under hard acceleration. I also hollowed out two of the cats w/a crowbar. :)

LOL
thats just a funny vision.

some dude with a crowbar jamed in a cat saying

"come out of there you worthless power robbing material"

Users who are viewing this thread