To sequential the turn signals or not?

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
So one of my first cars I had in high school was a 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7, and the coolest thing on that car were the sequentials. Gimme some opinions on the sequentials on Terminators please. Cool or waste of money?

Also, which way did you guys go....splice in or plug and play? Pretty big price difference. Looks like CDC makes a nice kit.

coild

Established Member
Just do it. It is simple and looks too cool.
Plus, the inner, un-used brake light now lights up too.
Ford even put a bulb in there for ya.

Last edited:

TERMIN8TR

Established Member

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I really like mine, and get a lot of compliments.

-Jeff

BBCOBRA

Established Member

this is the kit I have but my wife ordered it for me for christmas last year and it was the plug and play kit. I dont remember how much but I've always liked the sequentials. I also had a 70 cougar xr7. I wish I still had that car. I traded it straight up for a Triumph TR7. :bash:

sassafras

Established Member
Webelectric products LINK also has splice in kits that are very affordable at $69.95 and are very easy to install

I say they're a must have on our cars

Another vote for the webelectric splice in kit. $70 and it took maybe an hour to install. Very simple, straight forward directions. I opted to run my signal wire to the actual turning signal wires under the dash. Otherwise when you hit the brakes it will sequence the lights once and stay on. Some people like this, some don't.

I also got his Lightbar light switch kit which will turn the third brake light on/off based on if your top is up or down.

On top of everything, I got breath mints with all of my kits I bought from him. You get high quality products and fresh breath, can't beat that. :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
definitely on my list of mods. I would probably go with a splice in setup to save the money, since really it only adds an extra 10 minutes, or so to the install time.

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
Seems the consensus is on that Webelectric kit. Even their plug-n-play kit is $120, vs the $200 that CDC wants. I wonder why the CDC kit is so expensive?!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Seems the consensus is on that Webelectric kit. Even their plug-n-play kit is $120, vs the $200 that CDC wants. I wonder why the CDC kit is so expensive?!

Email Larry @ Webelectric and ask him. He's a really good guy, he will give you all the technical info you want.

If I'm not mistaken, CDC is a reseller, they don't produce anything.

Webelectric Products actually manufactures their own.

SCARY 4.6

Built. Not bought.
Established Member
I vote do it!
I have the sequentials as well and I get plenty of compliments. We also took my flasher apart and put a larger capacitor in to make it blink half speed

CraigsSnake

Established Member
So with the $60 kits (webelectrics or the other one)when you hit the brakes does it light up sequnitally and then stay on or do the lights just come on like normal?

Users who are viewing this thread