To those who plan on putting springs on their car....

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes.....

Well next time one of you florida girls have a car to do, come down to texas and we will show you how its done. :) Really though. What in the world was the hard part for you. The front is a sinch. The back was a bit tricky at first. We compressed the spring and the pryed it out with two pry bars and pop it came out. putting them back in was even easier. 1.5 hrs later the car is lowered and out of the shop. oh and power tools is a must. Did you guys not use power tools?? Still trying to understand.

Last edited:

Griffin

Established Member
Well next time one of you florida girls have a car to do, come down to texas and we will show you how its done

**Edited by Griffin**

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
:rolleyes: Eat a d*ck player. I could give a f*ck if you understand or not....

man sensitive are we.... I was just giving you shit. lol. wow... I touched some buttons. Well I guess we cant take a joke. Have a nice day! lol

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Griffin,

Hopefully you can answer some questions for me. That is if you are not too mad. lol Did you happen to dyno before and after you did the heat exchanger? If so what time of the year and temp was it outside. Have you thought of running a bigger shot of Nitrous? I have a nitrous kit from my 02 GT and was thinking of using it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Griffin

Established Member
Sorry, had a VERY bad day at work. Haven't dynoed after the HE. I won't gain anything, only reduce heat in the engine which is heatsoaking very badly. Can't run a bigger shot until I get her tuned for it. The most I would go is up to a 52 jet. No need to melt a piston....:)

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Hell, I changed them in my '99 Cobra and then changed them on a buddies '95 Cobra in less than 5 hours TOTAL for both cars and that included a break.

ASE Certified huh?;-)

For the rears, if I remember correctly (it's been 3 years), insert the spring compressor, jack up the rear end by the lower control arm to compress the spring, tighten the compressor to hold the spring height, lower the control arm (this is after loosening the shockand everything else of course). The spring should come out. The rear end is up on jack stands btw. Use and impact wrench to loosen the compressor. Slip the new spings in and jack up the lower control arm. Tighten everything up and get an alignment.:shrug:

Last edited:

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Hell, I changed them in my '99 Cobra and then changed them on a buddies '95 Cobra in less than 5 hours TOTAL for both cars and that included a break.

ASE Certified huh?;-)

For the rears, if I remember correctly (it's been 3 years), insert the spring compressor, jack up the rear end by the lower control arm to compress the spring, tighten the compressor to hold the spring height, lower the control arm (this is after loosening the shockand everything else of course). The spring should come out. The rear end is up on jack stands btw. Use and impact wrench to loosen the compressor. Slip the new spings in and jack up the lower control arm. Tighten everything up and get an alignment.:shrug:

YUP! Exactly to a T"

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
YUP!

Exactly You dont have to jack the rear end up to use the spring compressor though. I thought about doing that but we didnt. I will try it for sure on my rommates. Maybe less then 1.5 hours. lol

Last edited:

AFJsvt

Established Member
Steeda Springs are just a bit taller in the rear than stock springs. The rear's are more tightly wound on one end and that's where my spring compressor got stuck. Took me a couple hours to get that POS out. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread