To those with Verts/T-Tops/Targas/Jeep Tops etc.

What tempature range do you want for driving with the top down/off?

• 80+

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 70+

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • 60+

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • As long as sunny, I'll wear a coat

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M3xpress

Established Member
Depending on location, getting into December there are not many opportunities where it's warm enough to enjoy the weather with no top, but tomorrow it will be back up to the mid 60s and sunny so I thought that was good enough to enjoy the day.

If it's a beautiful day out, what tempature range do you need to enjoy your vehicle without a top?

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
60~70 for me. Well damn, just checked the weather and it's 72* today :)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
When I had my WS6 60s / low 70s I'd take em off. Even cooler nights in the 50s I'd roll the windows up and turn the heat on with tops off. 80s, tops on AC on.

Tapatalk

Ronin5.O

Established Member
In my RX7 as long as the sun is out I'll drive it targa regardless of the temp outside (heat blasting if below 60*'s)

Top fully down tho its gotta be at least 70*

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
In my '03 Cobra, with the factory windscreen, I can light a match at 60 MPH in the front seat and it won't blow out; with windows up and the heat turned up the temperature really doesn't matter much to me if I want a top down drive. That's what I bought it for!!!

Last edited:

Mulldune

Established Member
I used to have an '06 Jeep Wrangler x...it didnt matter to me ,as long as it wasnt raining ,or snowing the top was off

THE_STIG

Established Member
Coldest I ever drove with the top down was 33* (started snowing as I was on my way home). Cop pulled me over, thought I was drunk or high for driving with the top down.

RedFord96

Established Member
I generally wait for it to be in the 70s and sunny. I'll do colder if it's sunny and I have a coat on. I have run it with the top down in 30 degree weather, but only once a year.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
You can ask my wife, if it's not raining the top is down. Have driven in 20's through 110's with top down.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
~60+

Sometimes 50 and I'll put the floor heater on.

Usually doesn't come out unless it's sunny or nice. Sits in the garage all winter.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I did it once when it was high 30s. Everything was fine until I took some snow to the head that was fell off a branch above the road.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I did it once when it was high 30s. Everything was fine until I took some snow to the head that was fell off a branch above the road.

Is that what happened to the bull on your avatar?? :rolling:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I can't guarantee that I've driven top down in the coldest weather, but I'm in the top 5 for coldest weather.. early 2004 in Bath Maine, saw -49 degree weather and if it wasn't snowing the top was down on my S2000...

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
It's always in the 60* range here so I don't get much of a choice. I get cold easily though so it usually goes up once it dips below that.

Users who are viewing this thread