TOB and/or clutch problems...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Keeping the regular warrenty but not the extended one. Going to get a lot of work done Plus add some laughing gas, so dont see FORD taking my car in the future for warrenty work.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Z20WHAT,
You can get a refund on ESP, Premium care, or Quality care in the ammount of the unused portion. Most of the plans run in the neighborheeod of $1500 so any refund can be negated rather quickly.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
This time they took the refund out of the last payments. So now i have 3 months less to pay out. Wish it was in my pocket for some mods.
Stupid Galpin think that chick screwed with me some how. In past i would always get a check back....like she got some kind of freaking commision for pushing me to stick with it or some thing.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
FYI they are replacing my transmission. This will be my third tranny. The same problem as the first one. Input shaft retainer sleeve seperation.

This is becoming a somewhat more common problem that many of you know.

There were several others already in at the dealer for the same issue.

Ford would have to redesign the sleeve metal and attachment to resolve this. I doubt they will.

At this rate I get a new tranny every 6,000 miles. I will be on my 7th one by the time warranty expires. :(

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Dropping mine off tomorrow morning for the same noise! GRR. Is it worth it to just get a spec II clutch? Stronger clutch and TOB.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by drkchk03svt
Dropping mine off tomorrow morning for the same noise! GRR. Is it worth it to just get a spec II clutch? Stronger clutch and TOB.

The retainer sleeve is the main problem, not necessarily the TOB itself. The softer metal of the sleeve gets "chewed up" by the TOB, or in some cases like 2 of my 3 the sleeve breaks off from the transmission.

There is a revised part from Ford, and it solved my problem finally on tranny number 3 and sleeve 4.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Well I just dropped her off this mornig to get fixed. I was so concerned that they would tell me that they did not hear or feel anything. BUT when I pulled up it was making all kinds of noise and he heard it. :)

NOW I AM STUCK DRIVING A DAMN NEON. Enterprise at the dealership ran out of upgrade cars. :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread