TOB SCREAMING

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra101
SVTADVISOR POSTED A THREAD THAT HAD THE LATEST FORD FIX. HE LISTED THE PART NUMBER THEY WERE USING. nOT TOO SURE OF OTHER DETAILS.

(SORRY FOR CAPS, DIDN'T WANNA RETYPE IT ALL)

Where is that thread?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I remember that thread also. That one showed the return spring pulling towards the rear of the car with the spring running through a hole created in the rear of the cable cover. It then fastened to a bracket mounted on the side of the case of the trans.
I want to install a compression spring over the cable, between the release fork and the front cable mount. I think it is much easier and more simple. I just haven't been able to locate the correct size spring. It should be about 5 inches long and 3/4 inch in diameter to fit properly.

Dana

cobra101

Established Member
YGOHOME, The same deal here. It used to squel often now it rarely happens. it has been a couple of months. I too started doing the clutch pull up adjustment when needed. I have been very happy with it for a couple of months now.

Worst case, if it happens again it seems the best and easiest fixes thus far are: A little grease on/near the TOb as someone stated ealrier in this thread OR a small shot of high temp lube on it. these both seem to have stoppped the squeling for an extended period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread