TOB squeeling only when the engine is cold?

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
I have noticed that my TOB is chirping. I have the fiore adjustible quadrant clutch adjuster. I had a DFX clutch, 26 spline input shaft, and the aluminum fly wheel put in my car ab out 3 years ago. I went through my 1st TOB in about 6 months and noticed that my current TOB started to make a faint chirping sound back around Jan of this year. It has gotten louder, but the crazy thing is that it only chirps when the engine is cold, once you get the car to operating temp..it goes away :??:. Why is it doing that?

JC

divided

Established Member
I have noticed that my TOB is chirping. I have the fiore adjustible quadrant clutch adjuster. I had a DFX clutch, 26 spline input shaft, and the aluminum fly wheel put in my car ab out 3 years ago. I went through my 1st TOB in about 6 months and noticed that my current TOB started to make a faint chirping sound back around Jan of this year. It has gotten louder, but the crazy thing is that it only chirps when the engine is cold, once you get the car to operating temp..it goes away :??:. Why is it doing that?

JC

MIne does it too. It's on the way out dude. It'll start doing it more and more.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
That is what I thought, just wishfull thinking. I think I'll get the lethal performance TOB sleeve and have it installed with the new TOB. Thanks for your input!

JC

divided

Established Member
That is what I thought, just wishfull thinking. I think I'll get the lethal performance TOB sleeve and have it installed with the new TOB. Thanks for your input!

JC

I have the lethal piece and its been through 4 TOB changes and still looks great. Wish I could say the same about all the damn TOB's ive been eating.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
got to get the tob off the press. plate fingers. spring or lcd freeplay mod. oh, and dont use the left pedal as a footrest

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Mine is doin the same thing and it's only 5 months old. Loud chirps when it's cold for a month or more now. It just started lightly chirping while driving once the car is warmed up as well.

I put the Lethal retainer sleeve in 5 months ago as well. We'll see how it looks when I pull the trans again. I also installed the LDC freeplay kit. Not sure how much it helped.

Stupercharged

Established Member
mine chirps intermittently, sometimes when its cold, sometimes when its warm, and sometimes both. but if i just touch the clutch pedal it stops? does this mean its going out or does my pedal just need to be adjusted somehow? and are the lethal sleeves and all that stuff really worth the money or is it just luck of the draw with TOB because none of my other manual vehicles have ever done this with any TOB and clutch package?

zinc

Established Member
my tob sleeve snapped in two I definately think the lethal tob sleeve is worth the money

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
my tob sleeve snapped in two I definately think the lethal tob sleeve is worth the money

I bought my car with 58k on the clock and replaced the TOB with around 60k on the clock. At 60k the OEM original retainer sleeve had a sizable crack in it.

The Lethal sleeve is worth every penny especially when you're gonna have the trans out anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread