Today's Project: 160 T-Stat & WaterWetter

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
109.gif

Bullitt#3441

Established Member
Adam - wouldn't you need shawn to burn a chip that also turns on the fans @ a lower temp to compliment your new t stat? I'm contemplating this mod also.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
The 160 actuates and allows coolant to flow through the radiator hose earlier than the stock 180. Lowering the temp at which the engine fans turned on would certainly be complimentary :) .

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
There may be systems (fuel) which depend upon the engine reaching a certain temperature before engaging. Not certain which systems are directly affected by thermostat-controlled temperature readings. Rich conditions and reduced gas mileage are possibilities. And of course, the possible voidance of the cooling system warranty.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
FYI, no DTC codes thrown as of yet. Also noticed that the heating system blew warm as opposed to hot.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Dont waste your time....use Evans only. See Evans Products. These guys are really after cooling down the '03. I'm working with their engineers on a new H20 pump...100GPM. Fluidyne will have their new 2gal (vs our 1 gal) exchanger out for the '03 in 5 weeks.
Be patient.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Also...Meziere H20 pump is great at 55gpm for street and quarter. Road racing.... not so good. Heat constriction zaps the little guy. Get that Evans coolant! They are also introducing a new exchanger coolant at the Indy show next month.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by 2F2F
FYI, no DTC codes thrown as of yet. Also noticed that the heating system blew warm as opposed to hot.

Hey Adam

Is it running cooler? did the heater return to normal?

My car runs warm too and I was considering the 160* Tstat but I am waiting for some parts to come in to get it all done at one shot. lemme know how this is working out.

A :beer:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
Also...Meziere H20 pump is great at 55gpm for street and quarter. Road racing.... not so good. Heat constriction zaps the little guy.
Did you kill your Meziere? :( Or do you just mean that it couldn't keep up with the demand and you ran hot? I can only imagine then how the stock pump would have done...:eek:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Meziere has a steady 55GPM flow...sitting or under long term WOT. Thats where it falls short according to Evans engineer. They do exotic cooling and radiators for NASCAR and the like. Guy knows his chit. Says that when heat dynamics start to happen an electric pump does not cut in on road or oval tracks. Street or 1/4...great!

maoun

Established Member
adam, we just put a regulator in mine...we're likin it :) mine is now "open" at all times...it's awesome.

maoun

Established Member
not really....i mean, usually your t-stat is almost always open....you hit 160 pretty easy man, so how's it so different than 2f2f or when i had my 160? :)

m.

Users who are viewing this thread