toll question

fly4navy117

Established Member
Today I was driving somewhere I had never been before, up in GA. I knew it was a toll road and I had cash ready but when I pulled up to the teller, it was automated, change only. Well I had no change and I didn't want to cause problems so I just went through. There was a police car on the side of the road and it pulled out, but went past me and went off somewhere else. I was hoping that I would get stopped so I could explain my mistake. I have a NC plate and I simply got confused. Can I expect a ticket or what?

txyaloo

Established Member
Around here, first time violators will receive a bill for the toll in the mail. It really depends on the toll road authority.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
A friend of mine recieved a letter in the mail a while back from the Houston area. In the letter it had a photo of a license plate and a fine for not paying the toll fee. I think it was around $35.00? If you do not pay there is a camera taking a photo of your plate.
Oh, by the way they sent the letter to the wrong guy, they had the right plate but when they ran the plate they ran it wrong.
Note, always check to see if the plate is right, it may not be.

jshen

Established Member
Where in the world in Georgia did you find a toll road? The worst that can happen is you being sent a bill.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Having just moved from Dallas and their many toll roads, their rules were no toll necessary for out of state or rental cars. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread