tomorrow's project

03mgmcobra

Established Member
my buddy left his isuzu rodeo unattended in a bad apartment complex...some workers had left out their yellow sidewalk paint. some bratty kids got hold of it and painted F@(% YOU! on the side of his truck. before it fully dried they tryed to use some thinner or something and now it looks like hammered ass. he was gonna get it painted at maaco for $500, i told him to hold off, i might be able to help. i was gonna try:
wash/dry
meg clay
wet sand 1000/1500/2000
SSR2.5/1

that should do the trick right?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
my buddy left his isuzu rodeo unattended in a bad apartment complex...some workers had left out their yellow sidewalk paint. some bratty kids got hold of it and painted F@(% YOU! on the side of his truck. before it fully dried they tryed to use some thinner or something and now it looks like hammered ass. he was gonna get it painted at maaco for $500, i told him to hold off, i might be able to help. i was gonna try:
wash/dry
meg clay
wet sand 1000/1500/2000
SSR2.5/1

that should do the trick right?
Maybe, Maybe not. Not good input I know. I would not go to maaco.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I have a feeling that may not be enough to completely do it. You may need a rotary or a stronger polish

SVT2122

Established Member
Used to work for Macco Would highly advise not bringing anything you want done right there. I also wouldn't recommend 1000 grit on clear coat, I don't really feel comfortable wet sanding with anything lower than 1500.

Scott P

Established Member
I don't see SSR2.5 and a PC taking out 2000 grit sanding marks. You would want a compound and most likely a rotary. I'd also skip the Maaco job.

03mgmcobra

Established Member
project complete!

thanks for the tips...but i think the truck came out great...I didn't know what to do w/ the rubber/trim...??? but check out the paint. not bad for a 1995 factory paint job.
BEFORE:
[/IMG]

AFTER:

URL=http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flaggstruckafter2rd4.jpg]
flaggstruckafter2rd4.th.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

VoodooSNK

Established Member
Nice job... I don't know what to tell you about the trim, glad you got it worked out for the paint though! Maybe you could use some simple green or something similar and a hard bristled brush.

Users who are viewing this thread