TONS of boost loss

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Background on the car:

It's a ported blower (3.1/6#) car w/ all the cooling mods. I just moved to Phoenix about a month ago. I came from Wichita, Ks. My car ran perfect in Kansas, but when I got here I knew it needed a retune cuz it just didn't run the same in the different air here. Well, I go to Performance Solutions - a reputable shop here in Phoenix and they tune it. Well, I'm waiting on a new MAF right now cuz the stocker was pegged at 5200rpm's w/ their new tune. I figured that was gonna happen.

Anyways...

I'm still waiting on the new MAF but they went ahead and tuned it w/ the stocker for now till the new one comes in. It made 467/496 at about 5K RPM's when the car was pretty close to being cooled down. However, when I took the car from the shop today it pulled like hell (15 - 16psi) when I first got in it while it was still cold. However, when the car got warmed up and I got in the gas, it only went to about 11psi of boost and felt like a dog. It hits full boost when the car is cold, but when it's warmed up it only hits around 11psi and feels like a dog. Any ideas? Could it be belt slip?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I was making a joke that Arizonians should recognize....not referring to elevation

I agree with Dana...

Users who are viewing this thread