too much horsepower?

SUPA SNAKE

Established Member
i was just wondering, with the horsepiower wars about to start back up in the next year or two. am i the only one concerned with cars that can attain 600 ponys on the street? i mean how could you launch that thing without slicks? i know that its good for the track but how many people go to the track?

manOwar

Established Member
SUPA SNAKE said:
i was just wondering, with the horsepiower wars about to start back up in the next year or two. am i the only one concerned with cars that can attain 600 ponys on the street? i mean how could you launch that thing without slicks? i know that its good for the track but how many people go to the track?
No such thing as too much horsepower.:nono:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
The government will find some way to stick their nose in like they did in the 70's. Enjoy it while you can.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
2-slow said:
The government will find some way to stick their nose in like they did in the 70's. Enjoy it while you can.

The Government in their infinite wisdom, protecting us from ourselves like they do best, have already added hundreds of pounds in crash and safety standards to our vehicle. It will get worse LONG before it gets better!

:fart:

TRXboy

Established Member
SUPA SNAKE said:
so you guys think its ok for the average joe to be driveing 600 to700 horespower cars on the street?

Yes, because the average Joe guy won't mess with any type of computer software regarding that 600/700HP. Look at the AMG's with 700+ Tq. You have to TRY and crash those things because the computer sap's so much power in so many different situation's.

Average Joes will buy the car's to say they have the power. Guys that DRIVE will buy the car, and pay to have it do what it is ment to do through propor software.

eci

Banned
manOwar said:
The average joe Can't afford it.

He means average joe as in DRIVING ABILITY. Affording an expensive car doesn't mean you know dick about driving.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
there is never too much HP. I would say 5.5-6#/hp is about as much as a stock american sports car should have.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
What's the point?To much horsepower as in to dangerous?Most people owning high horsepower new cars are going to be adults. I would be much more worried about a teenager with a 150hp civic trying to go 150 for a sustianed period!!Their the ones that wrap themselves around telephone poles & kill people:nonono:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Too much power in the hands of idiot's

Go to wreckedexotics.com to see what rich guys do within a week of getting a car with too much power. I agree with most that there is not too much horsepower in the car, but too little driving skill and maturity to drive big power cars for most folks. There really should be driving skill training for folks who buy a big hp car just so they can understand what happens when they stomp the gas peddle before hitting the streets and showing off to their friends and competition........Steve ;-)

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
there is never too much HP. I would say 5.5-6#/hp is about as much as a stock american sports car should have.

Yea, too much HP is like too much adrenaline .... no such thing for me.

I vote for 4# / HP = 1000 HP - GT500 :thumbsup: (Come on dgussin, let's be realistic!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread