Too much red?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Originally posted by Davidteri
I bought my 10th anniv convertible because of the red leather inserts instead of the suede. I like to slide into the seat when I get into the car, and I have found that the suede catches in my clothes. Also, If you're going to have a red interior, this is the right amount. IMHO it also is a better shade of red (a tough darker and richer) than the BMW M3 interior red.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I like the fact that the seats are all smooth leather and the red inserts are a deep, vibrant color. I love the black Cobra embroidered on the seat, unmistakable looking through the window. The "carbon fiber weave" on shifter and steering wheel are a trick look as well and goes with the flamboyant interior nicely.

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by badstang

Hey loose nut, that looks really sharp! What kind of paint did you use?

-Mike

I had them painted at Santini's (famous in SoCal for painting hotrods and project cars) in Westminster, CA (714) 891-8895 (ask for Pete)

I don't know what paint he used, but everything he does is top quality so I'm sure he used the best...he may even have mixed it custom. I gave him the red door inserts to match, and he got damn close...looks factory...even the texture. The picts don't do it justice. :beer:

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by badstang
Hey loose nut, that looks really sharp! What kind of paint did you use?

-Mike

... and thanks for the complement.
(sorry, I meant to say that in my last post)

xneric

RickyRacer
Established Member
You never can have too much red! Any everyone knows it's the fastest color! Loose Nut, I love your console!

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by xneric

You never can have too much red! Any everyone knows it's the fastest color!

Yeah...that is the FASTEST barn I have ever seen !!! :lol:

FYI on the console: I saved the original 10th annv parts "as-is", these are a second set I bought and had painted...I want to be able to put it back to OE someday. Thanks. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread