Took Cobra to track 9.94@140

ChromeCobra

Established Member
I was finally able to get the my car back to the track last night. Weather was pretty nice in the low 80s high 70s with about 60% humidity. The last time at the track car went a [email protected]e then I put in a k-member to take some weight off the front end. First pass off the trailer the car went a 9.96@140 with a 1.44 60' so I went back out to back it up and went 9.940@140 with a 1.42 60'. I was surprised to see it 60' so good. I put front end limiters on the car to help plant the rear end and it seemed to work well. Car still has IRS with brace and DSS level 5 half shafts. Let me know what you think

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFccogc7Ak"]YouTube - whipple cobra outside 9.94[/nomedia]

Same pass but inside view
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDikddj9E0E"]YouTube - Whipple Cobra 9.94@140[/nomedia]

This was the final pass of the night, I tried to leave a little harder and the car didnt like it as much. 1.48 60' and 9.99@141. I like this view alot
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGq5KdJbSYk"]YouTube - Whipple Cobra Rear View 9.99@141[/nomedia]

ChromeCobra

Established Member
Yes thank you for keeping it IRS and 6 speed. Do u have upgraded bushins in the rear also? Awesome car and awesome passes man.

I only did the bushings that are directly at the pumpkin. All the others are stock. I wanted to keep it just like I bought it with the IRS and manual..Would have been a shorter road to the 9s if I swapped for a solid but that isnt as fun

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
I only did the bushings that are directly at the pumpkin. All the others are stock. I wanted to keep it just like I bought it with the IRS and manual..Would have been a shorter road to the 9s if I swapped for a solid but that isnt as fun

haha you got that right. I got all the bushings in my IRS, I just recently found out I'm at the power level to be snapping 03 cobra halfshafts haha. Love ur car man. Have u done any weight reduction minus the k member? What kind of shifter do u have just out of curosity?

ChromeCobra

Established Member
haha you got that right. I got all the bushings in my IRS, I just recently found out I'm at the power level to be snapping 03 cobra halfshafts haha. Love ur car man. Have u done any weight reduction minus the k member? What kind of shifter do u have just out of curosity?

Thanks man..Yea I took out the front and rear bumper supports and did the rear seat delete. The bumper supports got canceled out by the cage pretty much and also the wheels are a ton lighter. I scaled it when I did the k-member and its 3630 with me in it. I just put in a done up D&D viper spec t56 and reused my steeda tri-ax.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice Run! :rockon:

It's nice to see what a 700 HP Cobra will do with a good driver. IRS and six speed make it all the better!

Users who are viewing this thread