Took my last test in Tech School.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I joined the AF back in May. On 6 Jul I went to the AF EOD indoc at Sheppard and made my way to Eglin on 15 Aug. On the 20th I'll be an official EOD tech. It's been a long and stressful school but well worth the grey hair. lol
Now the real education begins. :rockon:

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Thanks men. :beer: When the Skipper came in the first day and tells you that the only school the Navy offers that has a higher attrition rate is the Nuke Engineer school I nearly shit myself. lol

motorider228

Established Member
Congrats! What was the attrition rate in your class btw? I tried to retrain into EOD, but my hearing kept me from obtaining the slot.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
We started with 23 in class. We have 5 originals left. Between originals and roll backs we had 36 people fail out during the course.

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
Congrats! That's one hell of an accomplishment. Having worked alongside EOD for 3 years, I have a much more distinct appreciation for what you guys do now. Take care and God bless!

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
Thanks man. :beer: What do you do?

I was the Unit Training Manager for the Civil Engineer Squadron out here at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, Az. They would let me go out and blow stuff up with them on occasion. Those guys were gone most of each year, though. They were constantly deployed or TDY it seems. It takes a dedicated person do to that job!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Very cool. Yeah, I'm trying to get shipped up to Hill. They have an awesome range with some big shots going on.
My roommate is going to Luke. :beer:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Congrats! Must be nice. I graduate at the end of June after a full year and I still have another language course + tech school at Goodfellow. Tech school forever

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Thanks man. Yeah, I'll end up being right around 9 months of tech school. It's not services, that's for sure. lol
What language did you get?

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Congrats man! I had a year in after i finished tech school. It sucks while you are there but it is all worth it in the end!

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Congrats man! I had a year in after i finished tech school. It sucks while you are there but it is all worth it in the end!

Thanks a ton. :beer:
Yeah, I'm about 2 weeks shy of being at my year mark. lol
Worth every second so far, only getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread