Took my last test in Tech School.

03cobraracer

Established Member
congrats man! i remember talking to you about joining the military and going EOD before we both actually did, im now at almost a 1.5yrs in the army and your finishing that up now. congrats man and good luck. we have a EOD company right across from ours, there good guys

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Yeah, crazy how time flies when you're told what to do all year long. LOL
How's Germany? One of my buddies at the shop was there for his first duty station, said it was amazing.

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yeah, crazy how time flies when you're told what to do all year long. LOL
How's Germany? One of my buddies at the shop was there for his first duty station, said it was amazing.

yeah man i here ya. its been good man, id rather be stateside of coarse but its really nice here, im in bavaria and its beautiful here. im tryin to get the cobra out here the roads are sick! my wife should be here soon to. some good partying out here to. all i do now is work the road pretty much.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Yeah, my buddy said all he did was work, drink, and travel.
Live it up while you can. lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Tell him to have fun out-running explosions (that you set for UXOs) with humvees at the Gila Bend bombing range. :rockon:

I used to work with an EOD guy at the haz-mat warehouse there, and he told many good stories about range-work.

Yeah, Luke has an awesome range. I'm trying to go TDY there for some range work. Working on the range is supposed to be one of the best things in the world for an EOD tech. Make a mound then make it go away...lol

Stanger00

Established Member
Gila Bend isn't at Luke but is an annex of the base. Ain't shit out there but an air strip.

Congrats on finishing a tough tech school. Former Air Force and Luke resident. Rocking veteran status these days! Enjoy your enlistment, I did.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Gila Bend isn't at Luke but is an annex of the base. Ain't shit out there but an air strip.

Yes, but as an EOD assignee, whoever it is, is guaranteed rotation out in Gila Bend. It's the main reason you come out here under that MOS is to work the bomb range. You don't get stationed at Gila Bend. You get stationed at Luke and work at the range.

Stanger00

Established Member
The OP is making it sound as though Luke has its OWN range but it's at Gila Bend. You and I know Gila Bend isn't near Luke. I dreaded the drive out there for weekly bomb lift inspections.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Congrats on finishing a tough tech school. Former Air Force and Luke resident. Rocking veteran status these days! Enjoy your enlistment, I did.

Thanks. I'm trying to enjoy it, living the "good life" for as long as I can. lol

jenkins_1120

Established Member
when ever you deploy get to know k9 you guys will be bffs. the eod guys were some of the best ppl to chill with when i was in afghan

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
God I miss the AF. Funny how the best times of your life aren't realized until they've passed. Tech school and first duty station especially. Enjoy it OP, and thanks for your service.

Users who are viewing this thread