Took off my trailer hitch today...

BlackL2001

Established Member
And for some reason my taillights are not working anymore. I'm pretty sure I didn't unattach anything with my tail lights. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do? :shrug:

I did the same thing.....take off the strap that goes to the trailer hitch, like cut it off completely and then plug the rest back in to where they were originally.

BlackL2001

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
I did the same thing.....take off the strap that goes to the trailer hitch, like cut it off completely and then plug the rest back in to where they were originally.

Strap? I'm a little confused on which one your talkin about :shrug:

theres a strap with 3 diffrent harnesses. Cut off the harness that was connected to the trailer hitch, then connect the 2 remaining harnesses back to there original connections.

BlackL2001

Established Member
Wheres this strap at? I think I might know, but I wanna be positive before I go to cutting.

Thanks for the help though I really appreciate it.

BlackL2001

Established Member
Can anyone else help me out? I really need to fix this before I get yet ANOTHER ticket :cuss:

Thanks in advance guys :beer:

the strap you disconnected to take off the hitch is the one Im talking about.......All you have to do is cut the wires that were going to the hitch "the ones going to where you plug in your trailer......then where the strap was connected originally, connect it back like it is was, the only thing diffrent will be that you dont have a wires going to where the hitch was. I wish I had a picture.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
You should be ok. I took mine off. No problems. Maybe you disconnected the wiring right underneath on the drivers side or disturbed the ground right there, too. Just trace the wires back from the rear of your truck. Connections should be right behind your tire on the driver's side on the inside of the frame rail.

BlackL2001

Established Member
Alright lets see if I got this right...

editedversion0sw.jpg

Where I circled is where I cut it at.

Thanks for the help again bud

yup, thats what I did and Plugged it back in? Light still arent working, if not I will get a diagram and see whats wrong, I have an 04' truck, I dont know If that would make a diffrence.

BlackL2001

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
HAHAHA! Plug that piece you just posted back the way it was orginally.

Now I'm confused as to where to plug it back in :shrug: ...haha sorry man but I took some more pictures...I'll get this cleared up

so I plug picture 2 back into the hole on picture 1? Haha...I'm very confused here bud, sorry.

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Are you guys sure about this harness stuff? I dropped my hitch last night and have no issue with any of the lights :shrug:

you didnt disconnect your harness though right John? Its hard to explain over the net.

The 2 remaining connections after cutting that 3rd off need to be plugged back into thier stock locations........

BlackL2001

Established Member
2004SVTLightnin said:
you didnt disconnect your harness though right John? Its hard to explain over the net.

The 2 remaining connections after cutting that 3rd off need to be plugged back into thier stock locations........

Wheres the stock location?

Users who are viewing this thread