Took out an Evo

BCM0018

Established Member
When I first saw it I thought it wasn't worth my time because the guy replaced the wing so it looked like a stock lancer with a fart can and once I got closer I saw the fender flares and heard the blow off valve. Once traffic cleared up it was go time.

We only went once I was in front of him and got it in the right gear when he rolled past me so I punched it and he punched it right after with a me at his rear bumper. We went from 60 to 145 and he ended up at the side of my door.

I probablly could have beat him even worse being the first time I raced after putting in my 4.10s. Wasnt used to shifting and took it to redline defeating the purpose of gears but a win is a win and I'll take it any day.

Gray03Cobra

Established Member
BCM0018, was it an EVO VII, VIII or an Evo RS? I've run a nearly new (lighlty modded) EVO RS 3 times. And they can jump pretty good. Did take him 2 of the three, but the driver was quick.

earl lee

Established Member
They only come in 2 trims right now. Regular evo 8, and the evo rs 8 (has blk painted mirrors and door handles). We never got the evo 7 here.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Good run! I took out a modded Evo at the track on Sunday. Crappy track, sucky weather, I was running 12.6's, he was running 12.7's. I figured it would be a good matchup. First run he botched the launch, ran a 13.2 to my 12.6, second run he had a perfect launch (1.75 on street tires at a crappy track) but then he missed second gear, we both ran the same times as our first run. Cool guy tho, talked to him in the lanes, that stock intercooler sprayer is pretty sweet.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
Originally posted by mark209
Those new RS are supposed to be a good bit quicker than the 03s, or so ihear

I never heard that and if I did ever hear it I wouldnt believe that HORSESHIT :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread