Took the car to the Track- Results/Video inside!

98fourvalve

Established Member
Well, took my car to the track with some friends. It's got some issues I need to work out. Need to get the tune right to get rid of the smog/egr/sai stuff and the imrcs. Car is throwing a code for all of them. And traction is just not there with these tires. I need adjust the rear coilovers. I don't believe they have enough pre-load.

Also, in Muncie indiana it was very cold outside tonight.
Anyway..., Here are some runs with the slips to go with them. My car is # 110. And is on the right of both slips.

In both the videos, the car that can be heard is mine. :rockon:

First/best run of the night below. My 96 vs a 98 Cobra with unknown mods. I'm presuming stock.

100_1826_zps29393c2c.jpg

Video on youtube
96 Cobra 1/4 mile Untuned No Traction - YouTube

Second pass. My 96 Cobra vs a 6.0 Gto with unknown mods. Appeared to be basic bolt ons. Didn't appear to have cams.

100_1828_zps12786620.jpg

Video on youtube.
96 Cobra Vs 6.0 Gto - YouTube

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the trap speeds. It needs some things done to make a better 60 ft and tires are a huge part of that as the tires that are on it are just pathetic. Need to adjust some suspension as well.

Anyway. ENJOY!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Mph is there for 12s but your 60 is god awful lol, no offense intended. If you cut that to just a crappy 2.0 sixty you will improve more than a half second. What tires do you hAve now?

chromeyellosnak

Established Member
Yea you need tires bad, I just posted my slips last week .. with my cobra with 4.30 stock engine with bassani cat x and bassani catback I was running 13.0 with a 1.81 60ft. I was using a 28" tall drag radial. And this is with all stock suspension minus springs, I have h and r ss springs. I think.you should be running low 12 with a tire. I know my car has 12.7/8 in it with more track time.. and my mph is only 103..

98fourvalve

Established Member
Lol, no worries I know the 60 ft is awful haha. But hey for a B headed N/a car the trap speed isn't bad I don't think. Before this motor the best trap speed I could get was 104ish. Going to the track was a last minute fling of the moment thing and I didn't have a chance to swap the NT05s from my Gt onto it.

The tires are a 275 Riken raptor on the rear. I hate them, they are pathetic. This new engine with 4.30s doesn't give those tires a chance.

Alot of it too is my suspension setup. Full griggs coil overs that is very stiff for the twisties. I need to adjust it a bunch. I can feel it bounce back and fourth from First to halfway through Third gear. Not a whole lot as it is stiff, but its noticeable. I don't ever expect my stiff suspension to be nearly as good as drag suspension but I've cut 1.8 60 fts in the past when it was adjusted properly with a Nitto 555 non R.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread