Took the gt to the track

niterydr

Established Member
I took my gt to the track again. I'm pretty happy with the results.
Mods are:
JLT RAI, 75mm TB, Trick Flow plenum, MGW short shifter, MAC o/r h-pipe, Flowmaster catback, Eibach sportlines, 15" rims in the back w/ Mickey Thompson ET Street radials, and weight reduction (all the seats except for the drivers and no spare tire or jack).

60' . . . 1.896
330 . . . 5.622
1/8 . . . 8.661
MPH . . . 81.40
1000 . . . 11.252
1/4 . . . 13.446
MPH . . . 103.25

This was my first time out with these tires, so I am still in the learning process. I was launching around 4000 rpms and slipping the cluth.

Lemme know what you think!
icon14.gif

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
for a car rated for only 265 hp stock i think those are really good numbers.

work on your 60' times, that is the most important thing. every tenth picked up in the 60 you will pick up 2 tenths up top.

take out that front pass. head light next time, let that rai get some air!!!

Last edited:

DVan8504

Established Member
Did you get any runs in when you were stock? I was thinking a stock 99-04 GT was in the 13.8-14.1 range. Just curious what yours ran stock for comparison.

niterydr

Established Member
for a car rated for only 265 hp stock i think those are really good numbers.

work on your 60' times, that is the most important thing. every tenth picked up in the 60 you will pick up 2 tenths up top.

take out that front pass. head light next time, let that rai get some air!!!

Thanks! I know I have to work on my 60'. Like I said it was my first time with drag radials of any kind. And I always take the headlight out.

Did you get any runs in when you were stock? I was thinking a stock 99-04 GT was in the 13.8-14.1 range. Just curious what yours ran stock for comparison.

When I first ran the car I had a short shifter, springs, and catback. I ran a 13.8 with just those mods, but it was a lot colder out than it is right now. Last night the track temp was 104*.

Just to give a comparison, there was a guy there with the same mods + udp's, 4.10's and nitto dr's and the best i saw him run was a 14.0 :lol1: The guy obviously couldn't drive his car. He said his best ever was a 13.7. . so yea.

TT SaLeEn

Established Member
No this was at Capitol Raceway.

Thanks. And congrats to you. What are you mods?

The only thing that gave me power was a Bassani X-pipe. Motor is completely stock besides a drop in K&N filter that came from saleen.
I do have a Built rear end and was on Hoosier Quick time pros.

Users who are viewing this thread