Took the plunge, 4.56 gears on the way!!!

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I finally talked myself into ordering a set of 4.56 gears for the car today. Now I just need to save enough $$$$ for a new posi. unit and the install. :( I'll be looking for N/A 11's this Fall!!! ;-)

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by NoRcAl CoBrA
DONT FORGET THE SLICKS
I'm going to give the new MT 17" ET streets a try, my BFG DR's just weren't cutting it. :burnout: :-D

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I dunno about those 17's.

I think you need some wrinkle in the sidewall for traction. and with 17's it does not leave a whole lotta of wrinkle room. I'd say get some 28x10x15's for the track and some DR's for the street.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i was thinking of going 4:56, cause I need to rebuild my rearend, have any of you driven them on the street? Is it a good idea, I dont really "daily" drive my cobra anymore since I got the lx done, but I am not going to be doing anything major to the car like a supercharger anytime soon, and I want a good street strip brusier

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I've seen the new 17" ET street in person at WFC6 and it has enough sidewall to wrinkle, the sidewall is going to be taller than your normal 17" street tire. ;-) I think it will work fine. :burnout:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I JUST SOLD MY SHM BLOCK AND GONNA GO WITH THE 302 4V SO I AM GONNA GO BACK TO 4:30 GONNA ORDER IT TOMMAROW
Call Randy Stinchcomb @ Universal Ford of Baltimore 1-410-655-2000 (ext. 404). They have FRPP 4.30's on sale this month for $132.95 + shipping, can't beat that price ANYWHERE!!! ;-)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I JUST SOLD MY SHM BLOCK AND GONNA GO WITH THE 302 4V SO I AM GONNA GO BACK TO 4:30 GONNA ORDER IT TOMMAROW

That being the crate motor from FRPP? I hope, I hope!! Been waiting on word for the release on that one. Almost gave up really.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
I've seen the new 17" ET street in person at WFC6 and it has enough sidewall to wrinkle, the sidewall is going to be taller than your normal 17" street tire. ;-) I think it will work fine. :burnout:

Sounds good. I havent seen them up close and personal so I am obviously not informed on this issue.:read: I have plenty of meat on my DRs so I am gonna get the 15" ET Streets for the track. But with MT making then new 17inch ET Streets, I'm sure they will give Nitto and BFG DR's a kick in the balls.

BTW, That 17 must be a tall tire

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread