Top 8 Supercars selected for Road and Track

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wrong.

This is the GT350R being tested by road and track

0f7c8968ce8362e95a9d46f4dde19cec.jpg

It was put through its paces last week

So? :shrug: It still wasn't available anywhere near time enough for the M/T Best Driver's Car competition.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So? :shrug: It still wasn't available anywhere near time enough for the M/T Best Driver's Car competition.

Your post specifically said "ford hasn't released any cars to the press for testing"

Which was incorrect, they have, to road and track.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ok. Change "hasn't" to "hadn't". Jeez. The s and d are right beside each other on a QWERTY keyboard.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
That certainly hasn't been my experience. My butt dyno tells me my car runs just as strong, if not a tad stronger, at altitude. It [PD blower] definitely doesn't fall off similar to a NA engined car. On the turbo waste gate arena; turbos might have more adjustability, but it's not wholly unique to turbos to be able to adjust boost as altitude climbs. When I'm driving up into the mountains, I can watch my boost gauge climb as the altitude increases. (It generally goes from 0psi to 3 or 4 psi.) And I'm talking about under a steady throttle, not gassing it. Not hurling any rocks your way, but I always find it curious why turbo guys seem to think turbos have a monopoly on boost control.

Anyway, let's not derail this thread. Turbo versus supercharger discussions almost always end up in the gutter.

As density altitude increases, performance decreases (whether NA, PD, TS, Turbo, or turbine). A car running at 7000 DA will never run the same times it did at 0 DA given equal passes.

hognutz

Established Member
So, the Zo6 got a DNF?

I think that was motor trend. I have not seen the road and track write up yet. The car in the motor trend comparison was just broken. not making boost, pulling timing.

Unless they sent that same ragged out car on to road and track ha ha. that would be an epic fail.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The C7 Z06 that got a "DNF" in the Motor Trend BDC testing was the same one that Car and Driver took off-track at VIR and crashed during their Lightning Lap testing. A MT associate editor verified this.
Basically, C&D patched the car up and sent it back to GM. In epic act of stupidity, GM rebuilt the crashed car and sent it off to MT a few weeks later, apparently not realizing that the intercooler pump was unplugged and the brake pads were "worn out". A CCB-equipped car won't have a set of "worn out" pads from routine testing or street use in this short of time period.
Whoever was responsible for this complete fail in making press fleet cars available for testing should be fired if they haven't already.
S.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
^^^^LoL^^^^
Save a few bucks rebuilding a car... risk giving it the reputation as low quality. Smart move budget man, smart move.

krt22

Established Member
The C7 Z06 that got a "DNF" in the Motor Trend BDC testing was the same one that Car and Driver took off-track at VIR and crashed during their Lightning Lap testing. A MT associate editor verified this.
Basically, C&D patched the car up and sent it back to GM. In epic act of stupidity, GM rebuilt the crashed car and sent it off to MT a few weeks later, apparently not realizing that the intercooler pump was unplugged and the brake pads were "worn out". A CCB-equipped car won't have a set of "worn out" pads from routine testing or street use in this short of time period.
Whoever was responsible for this complete fail in making press fleet cars available for testing should be fired if they haven't already.
S.

Sounds like the typical General Motors Trend excuse making. Just liek they got a "dud" C7 base vette that put down shit times, got sent another and magically picked up 2 seconds, same course with probst driving?

Users who are viewing this thread