Top Speed....Carrera GT

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I flew with 2 on the autobahn

I actually got to cruise (fly low) for 75 miles (20 minutes or so in traffic). They would leave me by 200 meters or more at times by the time I got to 160MPH. By then they were north of 185 MPH enroute to 200MPH. Thankfully traffic would slow them down so I could catch up. I posted video on this site a few months back of this fun day as I video taped 6 minutes of this flight. I was the driver and the video cameraman. My top was down also. No I am not crazy.......just good!!! I am willing to repost the video but its 29MB and nearly 6 min long. Need a host for that. That was in my 1999 Cobra conv. And I impatiently await my 2003 Anniversary model right now. 10-14 days or so before it arrives via ship here in Germany. I was happy driving it in Chicago last week. I will keep you all posted on the top speed of the mildly modded 2003s.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Ford meets Porsche

If you remember the video then you see what I was up against. Not a car that you see everyday. I live near (2 min drive) an international raceway and I haven't seen any more since the 2 that I met back in AUG 2003 (Its June 2004 now). I am at the track often and travel all over the country. I have seen more Lambo's lately. Ferraris also show up at the track fairly often. The Carrera GT is really rare on the street but popular on tv test shows and in magazines. Good thing is that maybe they won't be around to blow the doors off of my new Cobra. If it happens, I will get the FORD GT and start hunting for them.

Be safe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread