• Top Speed

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Trap Speed

Votes: 74 88.1%

• Total voters

pottsy

Established Member
nikemason said:
I'd rather go 10.0@99 then 12.8@140 lol.

I'm the other way around...I don't care about top speed but I would like the car to pull like an animal on the big end versus from stoplight to stoplight.

Bait

Established Member
adamb258 said:
top speed is dangerous and scary

sounds fun! gotta love adrenaline rushes :pepper:

as long as its only dangerous and scary to me and not putting other bystanders in danger (crowded streets/highways)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
more people can relate to top speed.

"wow the brand X can go 202 mph!"

HOLY CRAP THAT'S HAULING!

"hey did you know the brand Y can accelerate to 130 mph in just a quarter of a mile?

Cool, but did you know the Brand X can go 202 mph?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ride_Along said:
which would you rather have?
Trap speed and can be had at the track.

Top speed is a nice number that most will never see.
It's like using a power saw to cut tooth picks, but a least the neighbors know you have a power saw.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It depends on the car.

Does it matter that a DB9 or 575M type car goes 116 through the traps if it can comfortably cruise all day at 175?

Would you want to go 175 in a a car like the Mustang for extended periods of time?

Some cars strength lies in high speed poise, some in quickness...

TREBlack02

I think it depends on the situation. If you are racing at a drag strip, then of course the trap speed, however if you are running at Pocono using the front straight, turn 1, and the back straight, top speed is really important/fun. Nothing like going 150+ on the oval then breaking as hard as you can for the infield twisties.

That being said I can't choose, because I enjoy road racing more than drag racing, but you definetly need the power down low coming out of corners, but the top speed on the long straights.

Whole New World

Established Member
trap speed deffantley, i have raced at the strip and on the street, and it is still the fastest to excellerate, top speed is for million dollar doctors that have 20 miles driveways and millions of dollars to pay speedin tickets, i have niether, so it is excelleration, plus the faster ur trap speed the more braggin rights u got

Users who are viewing this thread