top speed run and hossier drag radial question

brunocobratt

Established Member
I am planning on running on the half mile run in florida in January and have a question about running a hossier drag radial 315/35-17 . Are they good for top speed because of the soft sidewall ? Right now I have nitto nt 05 street tire 315/35-17 but they do not hook until top of third gear. The car makes 650 rwhp. Also should I install hood pins?
I run 130 mph on the 1/4, I amguessing probably it will run 160mph

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Please run a normal 32 psi tire pressure for runs that high in mph. RaceBronco has done track days on Mickey's and he says to just run a normal tire pressure.

brunocobratt

Established Member
@ Svt_troy Yeah, good to know they still stable with lower pressure but i will start at 32 psi, thanks

Last edited:

ScottySVT

Established Member
I run my 335 hoosiers at 20-22psi and have hit high speeds. The car feels a bit "unstable" at WOT runs over 120 but I also think it has to do with my crappy control arms and my rear end moving under the car. I have an SRA on my 04. I must say, they are a great tire.

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Anyone measure tire temperature increase when running low pressure at high speed or for long distance? Seems like most flats are due to overheating from low pressure. Maybe not as much of an issue on a cobra compared to using a tire close to its weight rating.

Users who are viewing this thread