Torco vs Race Fuel

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I know Torco is cheaper, but how does it really raise 93 Octane in our cars? I'd like to have a regular 93 Octane tune and then a separate "stronger" tune for the street/track. How high can the boost be pushed on 93/Torco combo?

Quick Strike

Established Member
MY race tune is utilized at 22.5# with 93 octane pump gas and Torco at a 104 octane level (48 oz per tank). My tuner is OK with 25# at that level. I have three tunes: street, aggressive street and race. Each tune has a different Torco requirement. My street tune does not require any, but some is recommended as insurance against bad gas. Here is the Torco blending chart for 93 octane fuel.

TRBO VNM

Rodney,

Talk to your tuner about that and see what he is comfortable with. In general, what I am told from most tuners is 93 octane on a max of 17-18# with trypical timing. Up to about 23# with torco and again, typical timing at that setup with torco. Anything more and they usually recommend race fuel.

But, like I said, talk to your tuner since he is controlling your a/f and timing. And you can tell him your plans with boost/timing levels and he will tell you what you need to run for fuel.

TRBO VNM

rodney, forgot to talk to you last night when you dropped your car off, I had Jason Bush asked me about ordering some torco and splitting it. If we can get a group of people down here that want to order like a case of cans and then a 5 gallon jug, that would give us each the cans to keep with us when needed and use the 5 gallon jug to fill them.

Last edited:

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
I have approx 400gallons of 91 and my car needs 94, what would be better? I can buy 110 or torco and just mix with every tank. what would you recommend.

pbeechner

Established Member
I know I'm an N/A cobra but i'm trying to figure out if it will be worth it to get a 3rd tune on my tuner for 105 and use Torco.... I just don't know if it will make a difference on my NA motor

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind! got my answer elsewhere! No FI, Stock Compression = No benefit from torco!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread