Tork tech blower hanging RPM

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Hey guys,
So I've just purchased an 02 gt that has the Tork Tech setup with 5th gen MP112 blower, it's a 5sp. I've noticed that when coming to a traffic light/stop sign and depressing the clutch the RPMs will drop very slowly and occasionally jump around from 800 up to 1300ish while idling at the light. Not always but enough to become annoying. when sitting and reving the engine should the RPMs not drop quite rapidly after letting off gas, cause they decrease quite slowly? IDK I've done some reading about a 4.6 IAC restrictor gasket but not too sure i want to start screwing with an otherwise solid ride. i apologize for the rambling long post. Any help, suggestions appreciated.
thx

RARE_BLUE_GT

Established Member
I had the same problem on my N/A 4.6 2V after I had it tuned a few years back.. Tring to remember, But I played with the TPS some what fix the problem... Then I belive it ended up bing the IAC.... Did it just start to happen??

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
clean your iac. the restrictor gasket was junk, and didnt work for me. Mine will idle hang right around 1300 for a second or two when i stop then drops down. I believe mine is in the tune that for some reason it does that. Also if you can volt test your tps voltage should be at .99.

And like the previous posted asked did it just start doing it ?

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Play with the IAC. I had mine backwards and the revs were stuck around 3k. Couldn't figure it out for days.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
I just bought the car on Sat. so not sure how long this has been going on, I'm sure the IAC is the culprit, I'll take it off and spray some cleaner/brake fluid in there. I used to get the same thing with my 4.6 Tbird. If that doesn't work I'll grab A FoMoCo unit. Just did a ton of reading and it's quite common on the 4.6 as you guys know. I'll try the clean it method and omit the restrictor gasket for now.
thx guys

Last edited:

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
Just to update I replaced the IAC as it was gunked up and even a cleaning made no difference so i bought a new FoMoCo one and it made a small improvement but not completely gone. RPM's would still rise even tho i had clutch in or was in neutral. I did some searching and started looking for a vac. leak sprayed around hoses etc. with intake cleaner nothing same as before. Was also throwing codes P1131 and P1151 so the next thing was spending $ on new O2's. Wanted to have a look at TB blade so I removed TT intake tube and HOLY SHIT what do I find but a really loose hose going to the pass. side valve cover connected to the PVC valve. It was very hidden under the tube, so I clamp that bitch down tight and runs like a champ now:) no more issues. It's So nice rolling up to a light and having RPM's where they are supposed to be at a normal idle immediately. Took the car for a nice drive tonight and man does it haul ass. PDFTMFW. absolutely love this car. previous owner spared no expense in building it up.
this is the car
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/mustangs-buy-sell-348/664472-fs-2002-mustang-gt-tork-tech.html
also the #'s
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...15-tork-tech-blower-dyno-numbers-reviews.html
sorry for the long post I'm just so friggin happy that it's all good now with the dream machine.
cheers all!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread