Tork Tech GT's new shoes!

trxcobra

Established Member
looks like we have the same wheels brother! I got the 18x10s all around so should look nice comparing the two! Mine wont be mounted until the spring months either

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Awesome man! :rockon: they should look great on your car! Can't wait to see pictures of it either! The 10's won't be to much for the front?

trxcobra

Established Member
Awesome man! :rockon: they should look great on your car! Can't wait to see pictures of it either! The 10's won't be to much for the front?

Thanks man! and not according to ThatOneCobra, he has them all around on his car and has no rubbing issues at all, heres a pic of his car:

7862330214_a3d09ab624_c.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ Cant remember, are those polished or chrome? They look chrome.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yeah I've seen that picture a few times, I'm sure it'll work just may need to do some modifying lol and I believe those would be the silver finish and the lips are machined. In the right light the machined and silver ones look to shine a lot.

The one thing that pisses me off about xxr is there stupid uni-lug crap. Luckily they make the gold ones in just single. But then again you get what you pay for, in a few years I'll step into some CCW's. You bought the single bolt pattern ones correct? What tires are you plannin on running in the front? 275's?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Another teaser shot, these are the front 18x8.5's. The one has the black rivets and the other has the chrome ones. I'm trying to decide between the two, I'm leaning towards the black ones because my car is black and I think that subtle bit of color will stand out and help bring everything together.

dy6e6abu.jpg

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Because in all honesty I don't care for xxr other than this set of wheels they make. I hated that the center caps were going to say xxr, so I did this. I understand where you're coming from, but IMO it belongs. SVT belongs to ford and they're going on a mustang, if I was putting them on something else I could see not appreciating them. But I do see it either way, personal taste really.

Last edited:

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Because you can put SVT parts on any Mustang. If you have Cobra badges on a v6 or GT with nothing else, for example, yeah you are a poser. If you've got a built 2V with a SVT Eaton Tork Tech, IRS etc... I'd say you can roll with Cobra/SVT stuff even if its not a real one. To each their own, I think those rims look good but not sure about the gold. But they aren't mine so it really doesn't matter what I think lol.

Stanger00

Established Member
Sticking a SVT badge on a 2 valve is almost like saying you're ashamed to have JUST a GT. Screw the ignorant and be proud of your Mustang GT that sports 4 valve power... Look at me talking. I have a 03-04 Cobra front bumper and Y2K Cobra hood, sigh.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Gah, this is my original train of thought but I keep trying to justify painting and putting on my OEM 96-98 Cobra bumper. However when you have a Cobra R hood like I do and the Cobra bumper and want to put on 00 R rims... kind of completes the look to go badges and the correct rear bumper.

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Thanks man! I get a little more eager everyday to put them on!

And as far as the svt thing goes, I am not ashamed to own a 2v at all. Which is why I still own one after all. SVT may have produced the 4v, but without the beginning of the 2v new edge in 99 that car wouldn't be. SVT belongs on a ford IMO, and let's be real here guys if I put center caps on them that said GT you would all think I got them from autozone, which probably would've been true. Like I said its a matter of opinion lol

stang banger

Established Member
Should look pretty good with those wheels, did you decide on the rivet choice? The black rivets look better imo. Cant wait to see pics

stang banger

Established Member
Im thinking the black ones as well, what part of Indiana are you from?

I live in Griffith,Indiana about 30 miles south of Chicago. How about you? How are you liking the tork tech kit? I have a 03 dsg v6 that i am thinging of just putting a v8 in if i dont sell it to get a gt but the car is very clean.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I live in Griffith,Indiana about 30 miles south of Chicago. How about you? How are you liking the tork tech kit? I have a 03 dsg v6 that i am thinging of just putting a v8 in if i dont sell it to get a gt but the car is very clean.

I'm from Marion, that's probably about a 3.5hr drive north of me. I love the Tork Tech kit, best choice I ever made on the car! Had a buddy that swapped the 4.6 into a 6 cylinder car, was pretty straight forward and shouldn't be to bad!

Sweet wheels! How'd you get rid of the extra lug holes?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually found this set in just a single lug pattern! If they were uni-lug I seriously wouldn't have bought them. I hate uni-lug wheels, just reminds me of something some punk 16 year old kid bought from sears or something for his mommys corrolla lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread