Torque booster/ wastegate help needed.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Posted up on the anything coyote page and got some good answered but I am looking for some more input. I installed the wastegate (torque booster) on my Paxton boss 302. Long story short, it's going well past 10lbs with the 10lbs with the 10lb Spring combo. We saw 13.5 by 4500 rpm area with the 3.33 pulley. I need to know which ports are open and closed on the gate, which port to use as a reference line and where to run the reference line to. Currently it's ran to vacuum up near the driver side of the intake manifold, not back into the piping like on the beefcake unit. I'm having to run the 7.X LB spring set up and it creeps to about 9.8 lbs area at full pull. Pretty much making the gate set up useless. Thanks.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
The reference line should go from the wg to the fitting in the pipe that it comes with

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I made my own. Beefcake had a 6 week wait for them when I was trying to buy. Going to change the set up and put the reference line on to the pipe, just trying to figure out which ports are closed/open.

stang910

Established Member
I'm more curious why your seeing 13.5psi at 4500 rpm. When I ran the 3.33 I seen around 8psi at 5000 rpm and I didn't run a wastegate. Sounds to me you should figure that problem out first.

GBCoyote

Established Member
The vacuum line runs from the wastegate to the elbow. It measures boost from the piping itself. When you order the wastegate setup, the vacuum line is attached to the elbow that the wastegate is welded on to. I was confused when I first got it until I realized how the wastegate reads pressure to open up. Then it made sense why it was all an integral unit.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I'll be switching it to run that way. Just need to figure out what's open and plugged in the gate ports. I spoke with someone earlier and they said ALL are plugged aside from the reference port on the side and that includes the top. Tial chart shows one on the top is open, one on side if open and one for reference on the side.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Ok just checking. The ports on the sides are capped on mine and one open on top and one in the side.

Users who are viewing this thread