Torque, loctite, both, or neither?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If I have my wrench, I'll definitely use it.

Had a buddy who had a caliper bolt back out on him on the highway. He was coming up on traffic and when to hit the brakes and it yanked him to the side of the road.

I make sure they are either plenty snug, or use the tq wrench. If it's a TTY bolt then they get replaced and torqued properly.

There is plenty of thread locker on the factory bolts for the first few changes I would say lol.

SirShaun

Established Member
Ugga Dugga hard with the Kobalt 24-volt 1/2-in Impact Wrench and then check with torque wrench to make sure you cleared the recommended torque specs. You'll start seeing metal shavings if your ugga dugga'in too hard.

You just can't go ugga dugga'in into aluminum, and youll be alright.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Ugga Dugga hard with the Kobalt 24-volt 1/2-in Impact Wrench and then check with torque wrench to make sure you cleared the recommended torque specs. You'll start seeing metal shavings if your ugga dugga'in too hard.

You just can't go ugga dugga'in into aluminum, and youll be alright.
192d11e9-cb68-4a12-931f-5abcb640771d-jpeg.1518114

nxhappy

Established Member
leave em loose like a whore on blackstone street

just kidding ..... no LT, just TQ to spec

jdcobra

Established Member
My 3/8 torque wrench broke and the 1/2 was hard angle behind. So I just tightened everything up the best I could but added a small dab of red loctite for extra measure.

If I have to get the bolts out, I’m sure a map gas torch would help.

52merc

Established Member
I use a torque wrench on anything I can. The only way of knowing the fastener was tightened properly. Unless it a TTY bolt, then you still torque to get the initial set. I use Blue when appropriate. Hardly ever use Red.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I use a torque wrench on anything I can. The only way of knowing the fastener was tightened properly. Unless it a TTY bolt, then you still torque to get the initial set. I use Blue when appropriate. Hardly ever use Red.

I only use red on flywheel bolts, pp bolts and ds bolts.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I used to use a drop of locktite on brake calipers, until I got sick of fighting to break them free. Now I just torque them down and have never had an issue.

Now if it's someone else's car, impact and 3 ugga chuggas.

Users who are viewing this thread