Torsen Diff

stevens11bravo

Established Member
I am thinking about selling the Torsen Diff out of my car. Its only got 8,000 miles on it and has never been on a sticky tire or the drag strip. I have another rear end I used at the drag strip with an Auburn Pro and I ended up blowing the spider gears out of it so I am thinking about selling the Torsen so I can build my other rear back up for the strip. It's in a track pack 3.73 rear. To my knowledge, this is the same Torsen used in the Boss and GT500. This is not the old week $500 Torsen, this one is nearly $1000 new and is much stronger but I'm still afraid it won't be strong enough for some 1.4X 60ft times so I am not even going to chance tearing it up when I can sell it. Here is a link http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...ne-88-gt-2005-2014-gt500-2007-2014/p/M4204MB/
I have seen several mid 11 sec Boss cars on slicks running these with no problems and only know of one guy blowing one apart in a low 10 sec GT500 after several passes so it should live just fine behind moderate power for someone who occasionally hits the drag strip but who also wants to road race. I am asking roughly half price ($480) for it. I am also considering a gear change from the 3.73's down to 3.55's because I was maxing out my revs with 3.73's in the other rear so I may sell as a package deal for more money and would include all the oem shim's, bearings/races and the whole nine yards so pretty much anyone could install there self without any special tools. All you would need is a $10 crush sleeve. Let me know which way you would be interested in it and maybe we can work something out. This is still in my car and probably won't be removed until sold so I cant provide any pics.

Swine

Established Member
Interested in trading for a 3.55 and LSD out of my car(oem clutch type 36k miles)?

stevens11bravo

Established Member
I have the 3.31 LSD out of the other rear that I had the auburn pro in and I already have a set of 3.55's to put in this rear but I appreciate the offers.

Users who are viewing this thread