Established Member

Image1711453102.949588.jpg

Attachments

• Image1711453068.989426.jpg
    Image1711453068.989426.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 40

VegasMichael

Established Member
Must have been an inability to steer. Some kind of mechanical problem I guess. The weather seemed pretty clear from the live footage.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Buddy said loss of power on the ship it sounds like. They didn’t report it into sector possibly. But I mean a ****ing mayday call for constant bearing decreasing range imminent collision course with a major bridge should have been called on the radio immediately

Maybe not totally avoidable but they could have tried to get the bridge shutdown immediately
Begs the question when the tugs and pilot debark….

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Begs the question when the tugs and pilot debark….
I mean I didn’t see any tugs. Clearly loses power a couple times and you can see the engines billowing smoke so they tried to back out but possibly had only one engine looking at the stacks

OX1

Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
A.P. Moller - Maersk (OTCPK:AMKBF) (OTCPK:AMKBY) turned lower in Copenhagen after saying it had chartered the container vessel that collided early Tuesday with the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, bringing down the entire structure.

The Dali vessel was headed from Baltimore to Colombo, Sri Lanka; it is owned by Singapore's Grace Ocean Pte and managed by Synergy Marine Group, Reuters reported.

The ship was carrying cargo for Maersk (OTCPK:AMKBF) (OTCPK:AMKBY) customers but no Maersk crew or personnel were onboard at the time of the accident.

The bridge - a major steel crossway that carries Interstate 685 - collapsed into the Patapsco River after it was hit by the containership, sending cars and people into the water; the fire department said as many as 20 people likely fell into the water.

The Francis Scott Key Bridge is the entryway to the Helen Delich Bentley Port of Baltimore, the largest port in the U.S. for specialized cargo such as trucks, tractors and trailers, as well as a gateway for bulk cargo such as coal and petroleum products.

~800K vehicles passed through the port in 2023, moving 3M tons of cargo, and Coast Guard officials say the collapse will have ripple effects on the port's operations that could last for months.

Users who are viewing this thread