Total bridge collapse in Baltimore...

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
According to Fox News, this cargo ship has had a choppy past.

Also, they reported that the ship DID lose all power and that a mayday was issued just before the crash.

I don’t even know what the procedure would be for that…. Ships are very similar to power plants. And while they can go black, the chance of a complete and total electrical failure is ridiculously low…

I’d like to see more info on this.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
~.5NM of steerage before impact, resolution just shows a straight line for the course even when zoomed in.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 111051.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
I could make a list but why don’t we go one at a time….

Epstein Island?
You should write out everything Alex Jones has said about Epstein Island...

Everyone knew there were underage girls being trafficked there.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Lawsuits are gonna employ a lot of lawyers for years to come.

Consol Energy (NYSE:CEIX) -8.7% and CSX Corp. (CSX) -1.4% in early trading Tuesday following this morning's collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, likely blocking the Patapsco River and affecting operations at the Port of Baltimore.

Baltimore is considered the largest port in the U.S. for specialized cargo such as trucks, tractors and trailers, handling a record 52.3M tons of ocean-going cargo last year, according to Argus, which also said a number of the port's terminals are upriver from the bridge.

Consol Energy's (CEIX) Consol Marine Terminal is used to load coal into large ocean-going ships.

The Port of Baltimore loaded 2.4M tons of coal in February, up from 2.1M tons a year earlier, according to Argus, citing analytics firm Kpler, and two of the Atlantic coast's five coal terminals are in Baltimore.

CSX (CSX) railroad's Curtis Bay Coal Piers and the Consol Marine Terminal, which have a combined 30.8M tons of export capacity, are upstream of the bridge, meaning ships will not be able to serve them until the route reopens, Argus reported, also noting that both terminals take thermal and coking coal from Appalachia.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
~.5NM of steerage before impact, resolution just shows a straight line for the course even when zoomed in.

View attachment 1834185
When you're in a channel you stick to the center unless in an avoidance course. I did navigation for years in the Navy. I could still repeat the entire spill from left or right of track, fix based off what object or lat and long, distance to turn, nearest shoal water location and distance. We do these in CIC and on the bridge and compare every 2 minutes. If they don't compare we go to 1 minute fixes. I don't know what their procedure is however. Should have had a rider on board however from the port.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

View attachment 1834185
So a half mile away it changed course towards the bridge piling and it didn't slow down at all.

I've never driven a boat bigger than 26' in length so kinda talking out of my ass a bit, but I would think that if it was drifting, dropping the anchors from a half mile away would at least slow a ship that size. I suppose with no power at all, the anchors might not even be able to be release but I'd also think there would be multiple failsafes on releasing anchors.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
When you're in a channel you stick to the center unless in an avoidance course. I did navigation for years in the Navy. I could still repeat the entire spill from left or right of track, fix based off what object or lat and long, distance to turn, nearest shoal water location and distance. We do these in CIC and on the bridge and compare every 2 minutes. If they don't compare we go to 1 minute fixes. I don't know what their procedure is however. Should have had a rider on board however from the port.
Exactly, waiting to hear the report from the Harbor Pilot.

blk02edge

Established Member
So a half mile away it changed course towards the bridge piling and it didn't slow down at all.

I've never driven a boat bigger than a 26' but I would think that if it was drifting, dropping the anchors from a half mile away would at least slow a ship that size. I suppose with no power at all, the anchors might not even be able to be release but I'd also think there would be multiple failsafes on releasing anchors.
Ships crash into each other often, even with working power. You lose power in a ship that size you're ****ed.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
ships crash into each other often, even with working power
Sure but in this case the bridge is a stationary object and has been there for 50 years.

Ships crashing into each other are probably, more often than not, a result of both ships trying to be in the same place at the same time. It can be the fault of both ships or just the fault of one depending on circumstances.

Of course there are instances of a moving ship hitting a stationary ship but fault becomes easier to determine in that instance and most of of the time will be the fault of the moving ship.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
That is kind of an important bridge in Baltimore. Traffic patterns will be f'ed up for the couple years it takes to rebuild and shipping traffic will be impacted for the coming weeks and at times until the new bridge is completed.

Between redesigning a new bridge, obtaining materials and constructing it in as short of time as possible, this is probably a couple hundred millions of dollars of expense.

No this was not a large loss of life but it does **** things up in the area for quite a while.

Attacks on infrastructure, as opposed to life, will not prompt the same level of investigation or retribution. Even still, I'm sure they will do a very deep investigation into any potential terrorism connection.

Shit they said "no signs of terror" on multiple outlets before sunrise...soooo...it prolly is terror...lol

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Shit they said "no signs of terror" on multiple outlets before sunrise...soooo...it prolly is terror...lol
Reminds me a little bit of when Covid was released on the world and immediately the idea of a lab leak was discounted.

I'm over here thinking that it's WAY too early for them to be able to discount a lab leak as the source of Covid as there wouldn't have been sufficient time to conduct a thorough investigation.

Couple years later it's quietly announced it likely was a lab leak.

And here we are with them saying right off the bat there is no terrorism. Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread