Total eclipse this coming Monday, April 8.

Saleen498

Established Member
Not something I would travel to see but its just not something you see everyday. For instance the next total solar eclipse in Boston is in 2079. Don't think I'm gonna make that one.

We're in the 90+% zone this time.
Castle in the clouds is hosting a free viewing on the lawn. 98% there i think. I was going to go visit my buddy in the great north woods but we are both working in the AM. He is not looking forward to it as he works at the last major store heading that way

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Lot of schools in the totalitarian region are closing for the day even though it’s supposed to be ~15:30 as it occurs. Reasoning is the substantial influx of “visitors” looking for better views. Schools are worried about having kids in buses on the roads during the shit show.

As mentioned above, the fact that this is the last one “close” in most our lifetimes is adding to the mayhem.

I missed the one back in 2017/18. Was working out of town, I ate bad Subway the evening before. Spent all night throwing up blood and pooping at the same time. Slept through the entire next day in a hotel room.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I'm in the 100% path, with possible clouds so not sure what I'll be able to see. I would like to see it in totality. New is going on about all the people coming here so that's a bummer. Sonic the fast food chain has a Eclipse slushy they're pushing.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_9201.jpeg

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I'm directly in the path. We will get about 3:30 of total darkness in our back yard.

Side note - all of Central TX is going crazy over this. Our town (Blanco) is about 1800 population. The city said they are expecting 100,000 visitors over the weekend. We are going to stock up tonight and stay home until Tuesday.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I should be at the bar about then having my afterwork beer on my way home...or ill be at the store buying a case of beer on my way home lol...either was i dont plan on staring at the sun while driving since the local news told i shouldnt do that

Im in the 90+ path

Users who are viewing this thread